Discourse bcc is not compatible with Encrypt

AI-generated summary

The discussion revolves around the incompatibility of the discourse-bcc plugin with the Encrypt plugin. alexhartley conducted testing and found that removing discourse-bcc resolves the issue. The problem was confirmed by icaria36 and jrgong expressed interest in using bcc with the Encrypt plugin. However, sam stated that a fix is not planned anytime soon. Later, NateDhaliwal pointed out that the Encrypt plugin is now deprecated, making the topic potentially irrelevant, which was agreed upon by sam.

I did some testing tonight commenting out all plugins except encryption, and worked my way up from there until it broke. It appears to be discourse-bcc that’s causing it on my instances. If I remove that plugin:

First instance

Plugins in app.yml are:

  • docker_manager
  • discourse-calendar
  • discourse-whos-online
  • discourse-solved
  • discourse-assign
  • discourse-plugin-checklist
  • discourse-push-notifications
  • discourse-topic-previews
  • discourse-encrypt
  • discourse-knowledge-explorer
  • discourse-suppress-category-from-latest
  • discourse-mermaid
  • discourse-saved-searches
  • discourse-reactions
  • discourse-spoiler-alert

Second instance

Plugins in app.yml are:

  • discourse-calendar
  • docker_manager
  • discourse-checklist
  • discourse-chat-integration
  • discourse-tooltips
  • discourse-assign
  • discourse-encrypt
  • discourse-math

I’ve tested this on desktop and mobile versions of firefox and chrome.

6 Likes

Thanks for the debugging :clap:t4: @kris.kotlarek will have a look next week.

4 Likes

Bug confirmed. Thank you @alexhartley.

2 Likes

Has this one been solved? We would like to use bcc in conjunction with the encrypt plugin

Unfortunately not fixed yet and we do not plan to address this any time soon.

1 Like

Since encrypt is now deprecated, are all these topics irrelevant?

3 Likes

Yes I think so , cc @david

1 Like

Given the encrypt plugin is deprecated I am closing this