Discourse Narrative Bot Data Explorer Queries šŸ¤–

In the interest of tracking user interaction with @discobot, here are are some data explorer queries.

If anyone can think of a way to actually show a percentage progress through the track that would be awesome! But as far as I can see thereā€™s no info about the sequence of states in the database :frowning:

To use these queries, download the one you want, and import into the Data Explorer Plugin

All User Interactions

all-narrative-bot-interactions.dcquery.json (1.6 KB)

Shows a list of all users that have interacted with @discobot in the last year (configurable) and shows their current state in the track:

Summary of Interactions

narrative-bot-summary.dcquery.json (1.6 KB)

Shows all interactions with discobot in the last year (configurable), grouped by current_state. This can be used to see which state users got stuck on. Results will look something like this:

I've made this post a wiki, so others can add any `@discobot` related queries they come up with
17 Likes

Can you summarize the number of completed steps and divide that by the total number of steps?

1 Like

As far as I can tell, previously completed steps arenā€™t stored. All weā€™ve got is a string describing the ā€œcurrent stateā€. And that string has no info about the position of that state in the track

1 Like

Iā€™ve added another query (see first post) which groups by current_step. Iā€™m thinking this might be useful to show which step of the track users get stuck on. I donā€™t have many new users on my community since introducing discobot, but Iā€™d be interested to see what data other people get! :slight_smile:

2 Likes