Are there any Discourse communities currently using a native mobile app for their forum that is publicly available? If so, could someone kindly share the app names or links? I would like to forward these examples to our development team as references for building our own native app.
There already is the Discourse mobile apps for iOS and Android.
Moreover, each Discourse forum can be installed as a PWA.
If you want to have your own branded app on the stores, use this archived repo as a basis. You will need to update it.
Thank you, @merefield and @NateDhaliwal , for your responses. I’m familiar with Discourse Hub, but I’m specifically looking for examples of publicly available apps that integrate a Discourse forum. The goal is to explore how forum features are implemented within an app so we can create comprehensive documentation for developers to replicate similar functionality.
I know it’s not exactly what you asked for, but you should be aware of this option.
The whitelisted app I shared presents the forum almost exactly as you see it on the browser, with a slightly different login experience. Because it uses a web view it is compatible with themes and plugins which is extremely useful. A “fully native” app would not be and changes to functionality or look and feel will have significantly more friction for deployment.
It uses React Native.
The only whitelisted apps we’ve built for customers are not public.
@zedisk I am not sure if you are still looking for one. But this week we managed to release the open source Discourse app and is now in public beta, check out this thread for the link to download.
Let me know what you think and I hope this is helpful for everyone: