Events Plugin 📆

(Andreas Dorfer) #118

There seems to be an issue:

when adding "to google callendar"
the URL’s end-date is always “current date” (or posting date?), even if it is “without end date”.
(despite that current date is wrong value.)

eg. from this event
you get “https://calendar.google.com/calendar/r/eventedit?text=03032018+ODDD18+Open+Data+Day+Dsseldorf&dates=20180304T100010Z/20180227T094116Z&details=Event+Details:+forum.freifunk.net/t/03-03-2018-oddd18-open-data-day-duesseldorf/18348&location=Haus+der+Universität,+14,+Schadowplatz,+Stadtmitte,+Stadtbezirk+1,+Düsseldorf,+Regierungsbezirk+Düsseldorf,+Nordrhein-Westfalen,+40212,+Deutschland&sf=true&output=xml

BTW: 2nd small issue: handling of diacritical characters (here: “Umlauts” like “ü” are not passed to the URL.

(tran) #119

I can choose the end date, but the end date will not be displayed in my topic, only the start date. When you add to the Google Calendar, the title can only recognize English numbers and symbols, but my website is not English - based,so the title is empty.

(Angus McLeod) #120

@adorfer Thanks, I’ll have a look at these issues tomorrow.

@tran Thanks. I’ll have a look at the Google Calendar issue tomorrow. For the end date issue, could you give me some more details and / or an example? I just tested the functionality on my sandbox and it’s working fine, see e.g. Late Night Jamming - Events - Angus’ Sandbox

(tran) #121

@angus THX for replying. Amazing,the end day is normally now.

My language is Chinese,title cannot be displayed in Chinese

(Chris Beach) #122

Bug report: I edited a post to add a date, and set it to be “all day”

The date was then displayed on the post with a time of “00:00” and when editing the post again, I noticed the “all day” checkbox was unticked.

(Angus McLeod) #123

@ChrisBeach The all day bug should be fixed now. Let me know how you go.

@adorfer @tran There were a few issues with adding to Google Calendar, some on my side, some weirdness with Google Calendar. Everything should work now.

Also, special characters should work in titles of events imported to Google Calendar now.

(tran) #124

@angus The special characters problem still exists.

https://www.uiters.com/t/topic/86

(Angus McLeod) #125

Did you upgrade to the latest version of the plugin? That url generated by the google calendar button looks like the old version.

(Chris Beach) #126

Thanks @Angus, all fixed. Really appreciate your continued support of these plugins.

(tran) #127

thx!!!@angus The update problem .Everything’s OK now!!!

(Andreas Dorfer) #128

That is great! Thanks a lot!

(Chris Beach) #129

Another minor bug (sorry @Angus).

The multi-day event (shown in pink below) should end in October, but this isn’t the case in the Calendar view:

The event: https://se23.life/t/horniman-exhibition-colour-the-rainbow-revealed/7546

(Angus McLeod) #130

Thanks, multi-month events will work properly now.

Example: https://discourse.angusmcleod.com.au/t/the-262-day-challenge/307
Calendar: Events - Angus' Sandbox

(tran) #131

Hi,I met a problem.I don’t want all the users’ topics to be created in the category on a calendar, and I just want to know each user’s agenda. I just has an idea: when the category slug is personal, calendar and agenda are not displayed in the category. For it’s personnal, it’s just showed in the personal page. You have your own agenda but everyone can read it。

This is just my imagination

(Angus McLeod) #132

While that’s an interesting idea, it’s a little bit outside the scope of this plugin at the moment. One thing I don’t want to do is build something that overlaps with the functionality of existing calendars.

Could you explain more about why you want calendars for individual people in Discourse itself, as opposed to just using Google Calendar or a similar personal calendar product for this?

(Tobias Eigen) #133

Maybe you could simply extend the events plugin so it can also work with personal messages - so discourse groups can have calendars and users can set up events with one or more other users. This could be pretty amazing for organizing AMAs (we’re doing an AMA next week - let’s brainstorm some seed questions here on xyz date), PM conversations (let’s meet here in this message tomorrow at 5 to talk over xyz), webinars or other community-level events without turning to google calendar and outlook, and all the hilarity and confusion that still results from doing that with people you don’t schedule meetings with on a regular basis.

But bike shedding, scope creep and all that. This is what you get for creating a nifty plugin.

(Tom Newsom) #134

:Clasped-hands: Pretty please! Feed delay is of no concern for my use, but this feature is the last thing I’m waiting for before installing…

(Angus McLeod) #135

I’ve added full ical feed support (site and category calendars) and upgraded the rss support to include categories.

There’s now a ‘Subscribe’ button on the right above site and category calendars. Clicking this presents the iCal and RSS feed urls for this calendar localised to whatever timezone you’re currently in.

Screenshot%20at%20Mar%2007%2018-30-29

Example urls:

Site:

• ical: webcal://discourse.angusmcleod.com.au/calendar.ics?time_zone=Asia/Singapore
  • rss: discourse.angusmcleod.com.au/calendar.rss?time_zone=Asia/Singapore

Category:

• ical: webcal://discourse.angusmcleod.com.au/c/events/l/calendar.ics?time_zone=Asia/Singapore
  • rss: discourse.angusmcleod.com.au/c/events/l/calendar.rss?time_zone=Asia/Singapore

These urls can be used in any Calendar or RSS client, e.g. Google Calendar.

Screenshot%20at%20Mar%2007%2018-34-33

Must say I love how this is evolving into such a great plugin @angus Thank you!

I cannot wait to get our forum upgraded from stable in order to take advantage of all the new features and calendar you have added recently!

(Chris Beach) #137

Hi @Angus,

I’ve recently started seeing internal server errors across my forum which caused the following pages to return errors to all users:

• /unread
  • /new
  • /topics/private-messages/[username]

I disabled the plugin and all is well.

The stacktrace is below.

In case it’s relevant, I had just deleted a long-term member of the forum (on their request) - so possibly some data gremlins?

/var/www/discourse/plugins/discourse-events/plugin.rb:294:in `block in event_ics'
/var/www/discourse/plugins/discourse-events/plugin.rb:293:in `each'
/var/www/discourse/plugins/discourse-events/plugin.rb:293:in `event_ics'
/var/www/discourse/plugins/discourse-events/plugin.rb:255:in `calendar_ics'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/activesupport-5.1.4/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:422:in `block in inverted_lambda'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/activesupport-5.1.4/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:177:in `block (2 levels) in halting_and_conditional'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/activesupport-5.1.4/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:177:in `each'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/activesupport-5.1.4/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:177:in `all?'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/activesupport-5.1.4/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:177:in `block in halting_and_conditional'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/activesupport-5.1.4/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:507:in `block in invoke_before'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/activesupport-5.1.4/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:507:in `each'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/activesupport-5.1.4/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:507:in `invoke_before'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/activesupport-5.1.4/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:130:in `run_callbacks'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/actionpack-5.1.4/lib/abstract_controller/callbacks.rb:19:in `process_action'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/actionpack-5.1.4/lib/action_controller/metal/rescue.rb:20:in `process_action'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/actionpack-5.1.4/lib/action_controller/metal/instrumentation.rb:32:in `block in process_action'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/activesupport-5.1.4/lib/active_support/notifications.rb:166:in `block in instrument'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/activesupport-5.1.4/lib/active_support/notifications/instrumenter.rb:21:in `instrument'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/activesupport-5.1.4/lib/active_support/notifications.rb:166:in `instrument'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/actionpack-5.1.4/lib/action_controller/metal/instrumentation.rb:30:in `process_action'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/actionpack-5.1.4/lib/action_controller/metal/params_wrapper.rb:252:in `process_action'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/activerecord-5.1.4/lib/active_record/railties/controller_runtime.rb:22:in `process_action'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/actionpack-5.1.4/lib/abstract_controller/base.rb:124:in `process'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/actionview-5.1.4/lib/action_view/rendering.rb:30:in `process'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/rack-mini-profiler-0.10.7/lib/mini_profiler/profiling_methods.rb:76:in `block in profile_method'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/actionpack-5.1.4/lib/action_controller/metal.rb:189:in `dispatch'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/actionpack-5.1.4/lib/action_controller/metal.rb:253:in `dispatch'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/actionpack-5.1.4/lib/action_dispatch/routing/route_set.rb:49:in `dispatch'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/actionpack-5.1.4/lib/action_dispatch/routing/route_set.rb:31:in `serve'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/actionpack-5.1.4/lib/action_dispatch/journey/router.rb:50:in `block in serve'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/actionpack-5.1.4/lib/action_dispatch/journey/router.rb:33:in `each'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/actionpack-5.1.4/lib/action_dispatch/journey/router.rb:33:in `serve'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/actionpack-5.1.4/lib/action_dispatch/routing/route_set.rb:834:in `call'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/rack-protection-2.0.0/lib/rack/protection/frame_options.rb:31:in `call'
/var/www/discourse/lib/middleware/omniauth_bypass_middleware.rb:24:in `call'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/rack-2.0.3/lib/rack/conditional_get.rb:25:in `call'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/rack-2.0.3/lib/rack/head.rb:12:in `call'
/var/www/discourse/lib/middleware/anonymous_cache.rb:149:in `call'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/rack-2.0.3/lib/rack/session/abstract/id.rb:232:in `context'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/rack-2.0.3/lib/rack/session/abstract/id.rb:226:in `call'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/actionpack-5.1.4/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/cookies.rb:613:in `call'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/actionpack-5.1.4/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/callbacks.rb:26:in `block in call'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/activesupport-5.1.4/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:97:in `run_callbacks'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/actionpack-5.1.4/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/callbacks.rb:24:in `call'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/actionpack-5.1.4/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/debug_exceptions.rb:59:in `call'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/actionpack-5.1.4/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/show_exceptions.rb:31:in `call'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/logster-1.2.9/lib/logster/middleware/reporter.rb:31:in `call'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/railties-5.1.4/lib/rails/rack/logger.rb:36:in `call_app'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/railties-5.1.4/lib/rails/rack/logger.rb:26:in `call'
/var/www/discourse/config/initializers/100-quiet_logger.rb:16:in `call'
/var/www/discourse/config/initializers/100-silence_logger.rb:29:in `call'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/actionpack-5.1.4/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/remote_ip.rb:79:in `call'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/actionpack-5.1.4/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/request_id.rb:25:in `call'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/rack-2.0.3/lib/rack/method_override.rb:22:in `call'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/actionpack-5.1.4/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/executor.rb:12:in `call'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/rack-2.0.3/lib/rack/sendfile.rb:111:in `call'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/rack-mini-profiler-0.10.7/lib/mini_profiler/profiler.rb:171:in `call'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/message_bus-2.1.2/lib/message_bus/rack/middleware.rb:63:in `call'
/var/www/discourse/lib/middleware/request_tracker.rb:166:in `call'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/railties-5.1.4/lib/rails/engine.rb:522:in `call'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/railties-5.1.4/lib/rails/railtie.rb:185:in `public_send'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/railties-5.1.4/lib/rails/railtie.rb:185:in `method_missing'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/rack-2.0.3/lib/rack/urlmap.rb:68:in `block in call'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/rack-2.0.3/lib/rack/urlmap.rb:53:in `each'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/rack-2.0.3/lib/rack/urlmap.rb:53:in `call'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/unicorn-5.4.0/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:606:in `process_client'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/unicorn-5.4.0/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:701:in `worker_loop'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/unicorn-5.4.0/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:549:in `spawn_missing_workers'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/unicorn-5.4.0/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:142:in `start'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/unicorn-5.4.0/bin/unicorn:126:in `<top (required)>'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/bin/unicorn:23:in `load'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/bin/unicorn:23:in `<main>'