Failed install on ubuntu 22.04

AI-generated summary

A user, John7, is experiencing issues with installing Discourse on a fresh Ubuntu 22.04 server. The installation fails with an exit code of 128, and the user is advised to scroll up and look for earlier error messages. Arkshine suggests that the issue might be related to a gnutls_handshake() failed error and provides a link to a meta discussion (https://meta.discourse.org/t/fresh-install-failing-gnutls-handshake-failed-error-in-the-pull-function/49867/12) that might help resolve the problem.

I’m trying to install discourse on a fresh ubuntu server and its not working. I’m following the guide on the github

Full log

root@website1-2:/var/discourse# ./discourse-setup
Failed to find docker or docker.io on your PATH.
Enter to install Docker from https://get.docker.com/ or Ctrl+C to exit
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 21927  100 21927    0     0   137k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  137k
# Executing docker install script, commit: e5543d473431b782227f8908005543bb4389b8de
+ sh -c apt-get update -qq >/dev/null
+ sh -c DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get install -y -qq apt-transport-https ca-certificates curl >/dev/null
+ sh -c install -m 0755 -d /etc/apt/keyrings
+ sh -c curl -fsSL "https://download.docker.com/linux/ubuntu/gpg" | gpg --dearmor --yes -o /etc/apt/keyrings/docker.gpg
+ sh -c chmod a+r /etc/apt/keyrings/docker.gpg
+ sh -c echo "deb [arch=amd64 signed-by=/etc/apt/keyrings/docker.gpg] https://download.docker.com/linux/ubuntu jammy stable" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list
+ sh -c apt-get update -qq >/dev/null
+ sh -c DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get install -y -qq docker-ce docker-ce-cli containerd.io docker-compose-plugin docker-ce-rootless-extras docker-buildx-plugin >/dev/null
+ sh -c docker version
Client: Docker Engine - Community
 Version:           24.0.7
 API version:       1.43
 Go version:        go1.20.10
 Git commit:        afdd53b
 Built:             Thu Oct 26 09:07:41 2023
 OS/Arch:           linux/amd64
 Context:           default

Server: Docker Engine - Community
 Engine:
  Version:          24.0.7
  API version:      1.43 (minimum version 1.12)
  Go version:       go1.20.10
  Git commit:       311b9ff
  Built:            Thu Oct 26 09:07:41 2023
  OS/Arch:          linux/amd64
  Experimental:     false
 containerd:
  Version:          1.6.26
  GitCommit:        3dd1e886e55dd695541fdcd67420c2888645a495
 runc:
  Version:          1.1.10
  GitCommit:        v1.1.10-0-g18a0cb0
 docker-init:
  Version:          0.19.0
  GitCommit:        de40ad0

================================================================================

To run Docker as a non-privileged user, consider setting up the
Docker daemon in rootless mode for your user:

    dockerd-rootless-setuptool.sh install

Visit https://docs.docker.com/go/rootless/ to learn about rootless mode.


To run the Docker daemon as a fully privileged service, but granting non-root
users access, refer to https://docs.docker.com/go/daemon-access/

WARNING: Access to the remote API on a privileged Docker daemon is equivalent
         to root access on the host. Refer to the 'Docker daemon attack surface'
         documentation for details: https://docs.docker.com/go/attack-surface/

================================================================================

Ports 80 and 443 are free for use
'samples/standalone.yml' -> 'containers/app.yml'
Found 16GB of memory and 2 physical CPU cores
setting db_shared_buffers = 4096MB
setting UNICORN_WORKERS = 4
containers/app.yml memory parameters updated.

Hostname for your Discourse? [discourse.example.com]: discourse.altisliferoleplay.org

Checking your domain name . . .
Connection to discourse.altisliferoleplay.org succeeded.
Email address for admin account(s)? [me@example.com,you@example.com]: support@alitsliferoleplay.org
SMTP server address? [smtp.example.com]: smtp-relay.brevo.com
SMTP port? [587]:
SMTP user name? [user@example.com]: johnwilson.alrp@gmail.com
SMTP password? [pa$$word]: 
notification email address? [noreply@discourse.altisliferoleplay.org]:
Optional email address for Let's Encrypt warnings? (ENTER to skip) [me@example.com]:
Optional Maxmind License key (ENTER to continue without MAXMIND GeoLite2 geolocation database) [1234567890123456]:

Does this look right?

Hostname          : discourse.altisliferoleplay.org
Email             : support@alitsliferoleplay.org
SMTP address      : smtp-relay.brevo.com
SMTP port         : 587
SMTP username     : johnwilson.alrp@gmail.com
SMTP password     : 
Notification email: noreply@discourse.altisliferoleplay.org
Maxmind license: (unset)

ENTER to continue, 'n' to try again, Ctrl+C to exit:
letsencrypt.ssl.template.yml enabled


Configuration file at containers/app.yml updated successfully!

Updates successful. Rebuilding in 5 seconds.
Building app
x86_64 arch detected.

WARNING: We are about to start downloading the Discourse base image
This process may take anywhere between a few minutes to an hour, depending on your network speed

Please be patient

2.0.20231218-0429: Pulling from discourse/base
b7f91549542c: Pulling fs layer
5cdde94355fe: Pulling fs layer
434a387f7a80: Pulling fs layer
0e5fc7c719a4: Waiting
7961e0d55220: Waiting
4f4fb700ef54: Waiting
8b82d7bdf4f9: Waiting
1eed080638e9: Waiting
4f538be5ec28: Waiting
c1785d501d24: Waiting
bd81830e80bd: Waiting
827b2e2e3ed5: Waiting
8786b6008a7c: Waiting
38bde042d779: Waiting
6ad6d11f72f0: Waiting
625443f7f5de: Waiting
91ba136bdf2b: Waiting
6cd5f4616e9f: Waiting
6d71c539d3d7: Waiting
adfdc80b4cd5: Waiting
17d7850d477d: Waiting
130866fdb8a5: Waiting
281e1348fc3a: Pull complete
f1da19761d59: Pull complete
4aeedd43e8bd: Pull complete
cb2c595282ad: Pull complete
35fc9870d600: Pull complete
71238037e7c0: Pull complete
c143b5764eed: Pull complete
906cdb3a6da0: Pull complete
d3527541c22c: Pull complete
a6a16a7e1001: Pull complete
eb6a1c388227: Pull complete
cd562cb91c76: Pull complete
a62b13524252: Pull complete
d510eec47d7a: Pull complete
e9001e5714e9: Pull complete
f827746a2eb4: Pull complete
42b8ce37112e: Pull complete
2d9a732e38ef: Pull complete
15219e09fc41: Pull complete
927c2a1aa345: Pull complete
0c00c50ac00f: Pull complete
45f11782ebad: Pull complete
516206729574: Pull complete
Digest: sha256:468f70b9bb4c6d0c6c2bbb3efc1a5e12d145eae57bdb6946b7fe5558beb52dc1
Status: Downloaded newer image for discourse/base:2.0.20231218-0429
docker.io/discourse/base:2.0.20231218-0429
Ensuring launcher is up to date
Fetching origin
Launcher is up-to-date
2.0.20231218-0429: Pulling from discourse/base
Digest: sha256:468f70b9bb4c6d0c6c2bbb3efc1a5e12d145eae57bdb6946b7fe5558beb52dc1
Status: Image is up to date for discourse/base:2.0.20231218-0429
docker.io/discourse/base:2.0.20231218-0429
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/3.2.0/gems/pups-1.2.1/lib/pups.rb
/usr/local/bin/pups --stdin
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.345506 #1]  INFO -- : Reading from stdin
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.349045 #1]  INFO -- : > locale-gen $LANG && update-locale
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.368968 #1]  INFO -- : Generating locales (this might take a while)...
Generation complete.

I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.369100 #1]  INFO -- : > mkdir -p /shared/postgres_run
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.371188 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.371381 #1]  INFO -- : > chown postgres:postgres /shared/postgres_run
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.373109 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.373255 #1]  INFO -- : > chmod 775 /shared/postgres_run
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.374765 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.374891 #1]  INFO -- : > rm -fr /var/run/postgresql
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.376553 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.376686 #1]  INFO -- : > ln -s /shared/postgres_run /var/run/postgresql
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.378198 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.378323 #1]  INFO -- : > socat /dev/null UNIX-CONNECT:/shared/postgres_run/.s.PGSQL.5432 || exit 0 && echo postgres already running stop container ; exit 1
2023/12/25 20:07:27 socat[19] E connect(6, AF=1 "/shared/postgres_run/.s.PGSQL.5432", 36): No such file or directory
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.382123 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.382235 #1]  INFO -- : > rm -fr /shared/postgres_run/.s*
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.384252 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.384359 #1]  INFO -- : > rm -fr /shared/postgres_run/*.pid
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.386309 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.386419 #1]  INFO -- : > mkdir -p /shared/postgres_run/13-main.pg_stat_tmp
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.388158 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.388391 #1]  INFO -- : > chown postgres:postgres /shared/postgres_run/13-main.pg_stat_tmp
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.389967 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.393464 #1]  INFO -- : File > /etc/service/postgres/run  chmod: +x  chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.396792 #1]  INFO -- : File > /etc/service/postgres/log/run  chmod: +x  chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.400185 #1]  INFO -- : File > /etc/runit/3.d/99-postgres  chmod: +x  chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.403531 #1]  INFO -- : File > /root/upgrade_postgres  chmod: +x  chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:27.403782 #1]  INFO -- : > chown -R root /var/lib/postgresql/13/main
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.339114 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.339268 #1]  INFO -- : > [ ! -e /shared/postgres_data ] && install -d -m 0755 -o postgres -g postgres /shared/postgres_data && sudo -E -u postgres /usr/lib/postgresql/13/bin/initdb -D /shared/postgres_data || exit 0
initdb: warning: enabling "trust" authentication for local connections
You can change this by editing pg_hba.conf or using the option -A, or
--auth-local and --auth-host, the next time you run initdb.
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.930681 #1]  INFO -- : The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "postgres".
This user must also own the server process.

The database cluster will be initialized with locale "en_US.UTF-8".
The default database encoding has accordingly been set to "UTF8".
The default text search configuration will be set to "english".

Data page checksums are disabled.

fixing permissions on existing directory /shared/postgres_data ... ok
creating subdirectories ... ok
selecting dynamic shared memory implementation ... posix
selecting default max_connections ... 100
selecting default shared_buffers ... 128MB
selecting default time zone ... Etc/UTC
creating configuration files ... ok
running bootstrap script ... ok
performing post-bootstrap initialization ... ok
syncing data to disk ... ok


Success. You can now start the database server using:

    /usr/lib/postgresql/13/bin/pg_ctl -D /shared/postgres_data -l logfile start


I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.930769 #1]  INFO -- : > chown -R postgres:postgres /shared/postgres_data
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.935017 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.935140 #1]  INFO -- : > chown -R postgres:postgres /var/run/postgresql
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.937004 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.937162 #1]  INFO -- : > /root/upgrade_postgres
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.940462 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.940581 #1]  INFO -- : > rm /root/upgrade_postgres
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.942059 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.942306 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing data_directory = '/var/lib/postgresql/13/main' with data_directory = '/shared/postgres_data' in /etc/postgresql/13/main/postgresql.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.942736 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:#?listen_addresses *=.*) with listen_addresses = '*' in /etc/postgresql/13/main/postgresql.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.942980 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:#?synchronous_commit *=.*) with synchronous_commit = $db_synchronous_commit in /etc/postgresql/13/main/postgresql.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.943775 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:#?shared_buffers *=.*) with shared_buffers = $db_shared_buffers in /etc/postgresql/13/main/postgresql.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.944554 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:#?work_mem *=.*) with work_mem = $db_work_mem in /etc/postgresql/13/main/postgresql.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.945283 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:#?default_text_search_config *=.*) with default_text_search_config = '$db_default_text_search_config' in /etc/postgresql/13/main/postgresql.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.945912 #1]  INFO -- : > install -d -m 0755 -o postgres -g postgres /shared/postgres_backup
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.947918 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.948183 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:#?checkpoint_segments *=.*) with checkpoint_segments = $db_checkpoint_segments in /etc/postgresql/13/main/postgresql.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.948462 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:#?logging_collector *=.*) with logging_collector = $db_logging_collector in /etc/postgresql/13/main/postgresql.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.949082 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:#?log_min_duration_statement *=.*) with log_min_duration_statement = $db_log_min_duration_statement in /etc/postgresql/13/main/postgresql.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.949705 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:^#local +replication +postgres +peer$) with local replication postgres  peer in /etc/postgresql/13/main/pg_hba.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.949892 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:^host.*all.*all.*127.*$) with host all all 0.0.0.0/0 md5 in /etc/postgresql/13/main/pg_hba.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.950079 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:^host.*all.*all.*::1\/128.*$) with host all all ::/0 md5 in /etc/postgresql/13/main/pg_hba.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.950525 #1]  INFO -- : > HOME=/var/lib/postgresql USER=postgres exec chpst -u postgres:postgres:ssl-cert -U postgres:postgres:ssl-cert /usr/lib/postgresql/13/bin/postmaster -D /etc/postgresql/13/main
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:28.951703 #1]  INFO -- : > sleep 5
2023-12-25 20:07:29.017 UTC [57] LOG:  starting PostgreSQL 13.13 (Debian 13.13-1.pgdg110+1) on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, 64-bit
2023-12-25 20:07:29.017 UTC [57] LOG:  listening on IPv4 address "0.0.0.0", port 5432
2023-12-25 20:07:29.017 UTC [57] LOG:  listening on IPv6 address "::", port 5432
2023-12-25 20:07:29.019 UTC [57] LOG:  listening on Unix socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"
2023-12-25 20:07:29.023 UTC [60] LOG:  database system was shut down at 2023-12-25 20:07:28 UTC
2023-12-25 20:07:29.027 UTC [57] LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:33.953371 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:33.953652 #1]  INFO -- : > su postgres -c 'createdb discourse' || true
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.065582 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.065828 #1]  INFO -- : > su postgres -c 'psql discourse -c "create user discourse;"' || true
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.101608 #1]  INFO -- : CREATE ROLE

I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.101811 #1]  INFO -- : > su postgres -c 'psql discourse -c "grant all privileges on database discourse to discourse;"' || true
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.135186 #1]  INFO -- : GRANT

I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.135385 #1]  INFO -- : > su postgres -c 'psql discourse -c "alter schema public owner to discourse;"'
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.168472 #1]  INFO -- : ALTER SCHEMA

I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.168684 #1]  INFO -- : > su postgres -c 'psql template1 -c "create extension if not exists hstore;"'
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.211377 #1]  INFO -- : CREATE EXTENSION

I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.211549 #1]  INFO -- : > su postgres -c 'psql template1 -c "create extension if not exists pg_trgm;"'
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.249085 #1]  INFO -- : CREATE EXTENSION

I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.249272 #1]  INFO -- : > su postgres -c 'psql template1 -c "create extension if not exists vector;"'
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.287630 #1]  INFO -- : CREATE EXTENSION

I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.287921 #1]  INFO -- : > su postgres -c 'psql discourse -c "create extension if not exists hstore;"'
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.328662 #1]  INFO -- : CREATE EXTENSION

I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.328846 #1]  INFO -- : > su postgres -c 'psql discourse -c "create extension if not exists pg_trgm;"'
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.366014 #1]  INFO -- : CREATE EXTENSION

I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.366182 #1]  INFO -- : > su postgres -c 'psql discourse -c "create extension if not exists vector;"'
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.404159 #1]  INFO -- : CREATE EXTENSION

I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.404379 #1]  INFO -- : > sudo -u postgres psql discourse
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.405616 #1]  INFO -- : update pg_database set encoding = pg_char_to_encoding('UTF8') where datname = 'discourse' AND encoding = pg_char_to_encoding('SQL_ASCII');

I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.441862 #1]  INFO -- : File > /var/lib/postgresql/take-database-backup  chmod: +x  chown: postgres:postgres
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.444033 #1]  INFO -- : File > /var/spool/cron/crontabs/postgres  chmod:   chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.444111 #1]  INFO -- : > echo postgres installed!
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.445603 #1]  INFO -- : postgres installed!

I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.449138 #1]  INFO -- : File > /etc/service/redis/run  chmod: +x  chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.452559 #1]  INFO -- : File > /etc/service/redis/log/run  chmod: +x  chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.456047 #1]  INFO -- : File > /etc/runit/3.d/10-redis  chmod: +x  chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.456279 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing daemonize yes with  in /etc/redis/redis.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.456721 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:^pidfile.*$) with  in /etc/redis/redis.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.457053 #1]  INFO -- : > install -d -m 0755 -o redis -g redis /shared/redis_data
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.458986 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.459346 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:^logfile.*$) with logfile "" in /etc/redis/redis.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.459804 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:^bind .*$) with  in /etc/redis/redis.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.461020 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:^dir .*$) with dir /shared/redis_data in /etc/redis/redis.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.462156 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:^protected-mode yes) with protected-mode no in /etc/redis/redis.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.463191 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing # io-threads 4 with io-threads $redis_io_threads in /etc/redis/redis.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.464233 #1]  INFO -- : > echo redis installed
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.465710 #1]  INFO -- : redis installed

I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.465870 #1]  INFO -- : > cat /etc/redis/redis.conf | grep logfile
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.468552 #1]  INFO -- : logfile ""

I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.468749 #1]  INFO -- : > exec chpst -u redis -U redis /usr/bin/redis-server /etc/redis/redis.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:34.469904 #1]  INFO -- : > sleep 10
126:C 25 Dec 2023 20:07:34.474 # oO0OoO0OoO0Oo Redis is starting oO0OoO0OoO0Oo
126:C 25 Dec 2023 20:07:34.474 # Redis version=7.0.7, bits=64, commit=00000000, modified=0, pid=126, just started
126:C 25 Dec 2023 20:07:34.474 # Configuration loaded
126:M 25 Dec 2023 20:07:34.474 * monotonic clock: POSIX clock_gettime
126:M 25 Dec 2023 20:07:34.475 * Running mode=standalone, port=6379.
126:M 25 Dec 2023 20:07:34.475 # Server initialized
126:M 25 Dec 2023 20:07:34.475 # WARNING Memory overcommit must be enabled! Without it, a background save or replication may fail under low memory condition. Being disabled, it can can also cause failures without low memory condition, see https://github.com/jemalloc/jemalloc/issues/1328. To fix this issue add 'vm.overcommit_memory = 1' to /etc/sysctl.conf and then reboot or run the command 'sysctl vm.overcommit_memory=1' for this to take effect.
126:M 25 Dec 2023 20:07:34.475 * Ready to accept connections
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:44.471723 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:44.472013 #1]  INFO -- : > thpoff echo "thpoff is installed!"
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:44.474954 #1]  INFO -- : thpoff is installed!

I, [2023-12-25T20:07:44.475127 #1]  INFO -- : > /usr/local/bin/ruby -e 'if ENV["DISCOURSE_SMTP_ADDRESS"] == "smtp.example.com"; puts "Aborting! Mail is not configured!"; exit 1; end'
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:44.521483 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:44.521673 #1]  INFO -- : > /usr/local/bin/ruby -e 'if ENV["DISCOURSE_HOSTNAME"] == "discourse.example.com"; puts "Aborting! Domain is not configured!"; exit 1; end'
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:44.567822 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:44.567980 #1]  INFO -- : > /usr/local/bin/ruby -e 'if (ENV["DISCOURSE_CDN_URL"] || "")[0..1] == "//"; puts "Aborting! CDN must have a protocol specified. Once fixed you should rebake your posts now to correct all posts."; exit 1; end'
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:44.613639 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:44.613824 #1]  INFO -- : > rm -f /etc/cron.d/anacron
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:44.615856 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:44.618063 #1]  INFO -- : File > /etc/cron.d/anacron  chmod:   chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:44.621646 #1]  INFO -- : File > /etc/runit/1.d/copy-env  chmod: +x  chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:44.625194 #1]  INFO -- : File > /etc/service/unicorn/run  chmod: +x  chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:44.628799 #1]  INFO -- : File > /etc/service/nginx/run  chmod: +x  chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:44.632270 #1]  INFO -- : File > /etc/runit/3.d/01-nginx  chmod: +x  chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:44.635807 #1]  INFO -- : File > /etc/runit/3.d/02-unicorn  chmod: +x  chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:44.635900 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing # postgres with sv start postgres || exit 1 in /etc/service/unicorn/run
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:44.636160 #1]  INFO -- : > exec chpst -u redis -U redis /usr/bin/redis-server /etc/redis/redis.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:44.637859 #1]  INFO -- : > cd /var/www/discourse && sudo -H -E -u discourse git reset --hard
153:C 25 Dec 2023 20:07:44.641 # oO0OoO0OoO0Oo Redis is starting oO0OoO0OoO0Oo
153:C 25 Dec 2023 20:07:44.641 # Redis version=7.0.7, bits=64, commit=00000000, modified=0, pid=153, just started
153:C 25 Dec 2023 20:07:44.641 # Configuration loaded
153:M 25 Dec 2023 20:07:44.642 * monotonic clock: POSIX clock_gettime
153:M 25 Dec 2023 20:07:44.642 # Warning: Could not create server TCP listening socket *:6379: bind: Address already in use
153:M 25 Dec 2023 20:07:44.642 # Failed listening on port 6379 (TCP), aborting.
Updating files: 100% (33715/33715), done.
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:46.570484 #1]  INFO -- : HEAD is now at 6ab1a19e9 DEV: Convert min_trust_level_to_allow_invite to groups (#24893)

I, [2023-12-25T20:07:46.570608 #1]  INFO -- : > cd /var/www/discourse && sudo -H -E -u discourse git clean -f
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:46.665732 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:07:46.665854 #1]  INFO -- : > cd /var/www/discourse && sudo -H -E -u discourse bash -c '
  set -o errexit
  if [ $(git rev-parse --is-shallow-repository) == "true" ]; then
      git remote set-branches --add origin main
      git remote set-branches origin tests-passed
      git fetch --depth 1 origin tests-passed
  else
      git fetch --tags --prune-tags --prune --force origin
  fi
'
fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/discourse/discourse.git/': gnutls_handshake() failed: Error in the pull function.
I, [2023-12-25T20:10:58.856132 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:10:58.856511 #1]  INFO -- : Terminating async processes
I, [2023-12-25T20:10:58.856566 #1]  INFO -- : Sending INT to HOME=/var/lib/postgresql USER=postgres exec chpst -u postgres:postgres:ssl-cert -U postgres:postgres:ssl-cert /usr/lib/postgresql/13/bin/postmaster -D /etc/postgresql/13/main pid: 57
I, [2023-12-25T20:10:58.856600 #1]  INFO -- : Sending TERM to exec chpst -u redis -U redis /usr/bin/redis-server /etc/redis/redis.conf pid: 126
126:signal-handler (1703535058) Received SIGTERM scheduling shutdown...
2023-12-25 20:10:58.856 UTC [57] LOG:  received fast shutdown request
2023-12-25 20:10:58.858 UTC [57] LOG:  aborting any active transactions
2023-12-25 20:10:58.860 UTC [57] LOG:  background worker "logical replication launcher" (PID 66) exited with exit code 1
2023-12-25 20:10:58.860 UTC [61] LOG:  shutting down
126:M 25 Dec 2023 20:10:58.866 # User requested shutdown...
126:M 25 Dec 2023 20:10:58.866 * Saving the final RDB snapshot before exiting.
126:M 25 Dec 2023 20:10:58.868 * DB saved on disk
126:M 25 Dec 2023 20:10:58.868 # Redis is now ready to exit, bye bye...
2023-12-25 20:10:58.906 UTC [57] LOG:  database system is shut down


FAILED
--------------------
Pups::ExecError: cd /var/www/discourse && sudo -H -E -u discourse bash -c '
  set -o errexit
  if [ $(git rev-parse --is-shallow-repository) == "true" ]; then
      git remote set-branches --add origin main
      git remote set-branches origin tests-passed
      git fetch --depth 1 origin tests-passed
  else
      git fetch --tags --prune-tags --prune --force origin
  fi
' failed with return #<Process::Status: pid 161 exit 128>
Location of failure: /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/3.2.0/gems/pups-1.2.1/lib/pups/exec_command.rb:132:in `spawn'
exec failed with the params {"cd"=>"$home", "hook"=>"code", "cmd"=>["sudo -H -E -u discourse git reset --hard", "sudo -H -E -u discourse git clean -f", "sudo -H -E -u discourse bash -c '\n  set -o errexit\n  if [ $(git rev-parse --is-shallow-repository) == \"true\" ]; then\n      git remote set-branches --add origin main\n      git remote set-branches origin $version\n      git fetch --depth 1 origin $version\n  else\n      git fetch --tags --prune-tags --prune --force origin\n  fi\n'", "sudo -H -E -u discourse bash -c '\n  set -o errexit\n  if [[ $(git symbolic-ref --short HEAD) == $version ]] ; then\n      git pull\n  else\n      git -c advice.detachedHead=false checkout $version\n  fi\n'", "sudo -H -E -u discourse git config user.discourse-version $version", "mkdir -p tmp", "chown discourse:www-data tmp", "mkdir -p tmp/pids", "mkdir -p tmp/sockets", "touch tmp/.gitkeep", "mkdir -p                    /shared/log/rails", "bash -c \"touch -a           /shared/log/rails/{production,production_errors,unicorn.stdout,unicorn.stderr,sidekiq}.log\"", "bash -c \"ln    -s           /shared/log/rails/{production,production_errors,unicorn.stdout,unicorn.stderr,sidekiq}.log $home/log\"", "bash -c \"mkdir -p           /shared/{uploads,backups}\"", "bash -c \"ln    -s           /shared/{uploads,backups} $home/public\"", "bash -c \"mkdir -p           /shared/tmp/{backups,restores}\"", "bash -c \"ln    -s           /shared/tmp/{backups,restores} $home/tmp\"", "chown -R discourse:www-data /shared/log/rails /shared/uploads /shared/backups /shared/tmp", "[ ! -d public/plugins ] || find public/plugins/ -maxdepth 1 -xtype l -delete"]}
bootstrap failed with exit code 128
** FAILED TO BOOTSTRAP ** please scroll up and look for earlier error messages, there may be more than one.
./discourse-doctor may help diagnose the problem.
7705f61a6461dbd699a332bc85822051cabd6e8be43f9ab1a9e0a21e782c3065

real    9m22.068s
user    0m14.066s
sys     0m2.455s
root@website1-2:/var/discourse# ^C
root@website1-2:/var/discourse# ^C
root@website1-2:/var/discourse# ^C
root@website1-2:/var/discourse# ./discourse-doctor
DISCOURSE DOCTOR Mon Dec 25 20:17:32 UTC 2023
OS: Linux website1-2 6.2.0-1019-gcp #21~22.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 16 18:18:34 UTC 2023 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux


Found containers/app.yml

==================== YML SETTINGS ====================
DISCOURSE_HOSTNAME=discourse.altisliferoleplay.org
SMTP_ADDRESS=smtp-relay.brevo.com
DEVELOPER_EMAILS=support@alitsliferoleplay.org
SMTP_PASSWORD=
SMTP_PORT=587
SMTP_USER_NAME=johnwilson.alrp@gmail.com
LETSENCRYPT_ACCOUNT_EMAIL=me@example.com

==================== DOCKER INFO ====================
DOCKER VERSION: Docker version 24.0.7, build afdd53b

DOCKER PROCESSES (docker ps -a)

CONTAINER ID   IMAGE     COMMAND   CREATED   STATUS    PORTS     NAMES

==================== SERIOUS PROBLEM!!!! ====================
app not running!
Attempting to rebuild
==================== REBUILD LOG ====================
x86_64 arch detected.
Ensuring launcher is up to date
Fetching origin
Launcher is up-to-date
2.0.20231218-0429: Pulling from discourse/base
Digest: sha256:468f70b9bb4c6d0c6c2bbb3efc1a5e12d145eae57bdb6946b7fe5558beb52dc1
Status: Image is up to date for discourse/base:2.0.20231218-0429
docker.io/discourse/base:2.0.20231218-0429
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/3.2.0/gems/pups-1.2.1/lib/pups.rb
/usr/local/bin/pups --stdin
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.822262 #1]  INFO -- : Reading from stdin
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.826063 #1]  INFO -- : > locale-gen $LANG && update-locale
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.845896 #1]  INFO -- : Generating locales (this might take a while)...
Generation complete.

I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.846027 #1]  INFO -- : > mkdir -p /shared/postgres_run
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.847970 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.848182 #1]  INFO -- : > chown postgres:postgres /shared/postgres_run
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.849867 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.850042 #1]  INFO -- : > chmod 775 /shared/postgres_run
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.851632 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.851743 #1]  INFO -- : > rm -fr /var/run/postgresql
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.853460 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.853580 #1]  INFO -- : > ln -s /shared/postgres_run /var/run/postgresql
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.855091 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.855204 #1]  INFO -- : > socat /dev/null UNIX-CONNECT:/shared/postgres_run/.s.PGSQL.5432 || exit 0 && echo postgres already running stop container ; exit 1
2023/12/25 20:17:37 socat[19] E connect(6, AF=1 "/shared/postgres_run/.s.PGSQL.5432", 36): No such file or directory
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.858828 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.858940 #1]  INFO -- : > rm -fr /shared/postgres_run/.s*
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.860919 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.861024 #1]  INFO -- : > rm -fr /shared/postgres_run/*.pid
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.863023 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.863137 #1]  INFO -- : > mkdir -p /shared/postgres_run/13-main.pg_stat_tmp
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.864814 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.864991 #1]  INFO -- : > chown postgres:postgres /shared/postgres_run/13-main.pg_stat_tmp
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.866592 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.870099 #1]  INFO -- : File > /etc/service/postgres/run  chmod: +x  chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.873445 #1]  INFO -- : File > /etc/service/postgres/log/run  chmod: +x  chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.876890 #1]  INFO -- : File > /etc/runit/3.d/99-postgres  chmod: +x  chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.880201 #1]  INFO -- : File > /root/upgrade_postgres  chmod: +x  chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:37.880436 #1]  INFO -- : > chown -R root /var/lib/postgresql/13/main
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.868404 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.868545 #1]  INFO -- : > [ ! -e /shared/postgres_data ] && install -d -m 0755 -o postgres -g postgres /shared/postgres_data && sudo -E -u postgres /usr/lib/postgresql/13/bin/initdb -D /shared/postgres_data || exit 0
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.870420 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.870509 #1]  INFO -- : > chown -R postgres:postgres /shared/postgres_data
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.875554 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.875700 #1]  INFO -- : > chown -R postgres:postgres /var/run/postgresql
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.877461 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.877636 #1]  INFO -- : > /root/upgrade_postgres
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.880836 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.880952 #1]  INFO -- : > rm /root/upgrade_postgres
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.882445 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.882666 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing data_directory = '/var/lib/postgresql/13/main' with data_directory = '/shared/postgres_data' in /etc/postgresql/13/main/postgresql.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.883053 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:#?listen_addresses *=.*) with listen_addresses = '*' in /etc/postgresql/13/main/postgresql.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.883329 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:#?synchronous_commit *=.*) with synchronous_commit = $db_synchronous_commit in /etc/postgresql/13/main/postgresql.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.883987 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:#?shared_buffers *=.*) with shared_buffers = $db_shared_buffers in /etc/postgresql/13/main/postgresql.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.884663 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:#?work_mem *=.*) with work_mem = $db_work_mem in /etc/postgresql/13/main/postgresql.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.885211 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:#?default_text_search_config *=.*) with default_text_search_config = '$db_default_text_search_config' in /etc/postgresql/13/main/postgresql.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.885716 #1]  INFO -- : > install -d -m 0755 -o postgres -g postgres /shared/postgres_backup
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.887723 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.888001 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:#?checkpoint_segments *=.*) with checkpoint_segments = $db_checkpoint_segments in /etc/postgresql/13/main/postgresql.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.888295 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:#?logging_collector *=.*) with logging_collector = $db_logging_collector in /etc/postgresql/13/main/postgresql.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.888889 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:#?log_min_duration_statement *=.*) with log_min_duration_statement = $db_log_min_duration_statement in /etc/postgresql/13/main/postgresql.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.889401 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:^#local +replication +postgres +peer$) with local replication postgres  peer in /etc/postgresql/13/main/pg_hba.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.889640 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:^host.*all.*all.*127.*$) with host all all 0.0.0.0/0 md5 in /etc/postgresql/13/main/pg_hba.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.889858 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:^host.*all.*all.*::1\/128.*$) with host all all ::/0 md5 in /etc/postgresql/13/main/pg_hba.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.890210 #1]  INFO -- : > HOME=/var/lib/postgresql USER=postgres exec chpst -u postgres:postgres:ssl-cert -U postgres:postgres:ssl-cert /usr/lib/postgresql/13/bin/postmaster -D /etc/postgresql/13/main
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:38.891443 #1]  INFO -- : > sleep 5
2023-12-25 20:17:38.958 UTC [42] LOG:  starting PostgreSQL 13.13 (Debian 13.13-1.pgdg110+1) on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, 64-bit
2023-12-25 20:17:38.958 UTC [42] LOG:  listening on IPv4 address "0.0.0.0", port 5432
2023-12-25 20:17:38.958 UTC [42] LOG:  listening on IPv6 address "::", port 5432
2023-12-25 20:17:38.960 UTC [42] LOG:  listening on Unix socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"
2023-12-25 20:17:38.964 UTC [45] LOG:  database system was shut down at 2023-12-25 20:10:58 UTC
2023-12-25 20:17:38.968 UTC [42] LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:43.893101 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:43.893368 #1]  INFO -- : > su postgres -c 'createdb discourse' || true
2023-12-25 20:17:43.929 UTC [55] postgres@postgres ERROR:  database "discourse" already exists
2023-12-25 20:17:43.929 UTC [55] postgres@postgres STATEMENT:  CREATE DATABASE discourse;
createdb: error: database creation failed: ERROR:  database "discourse" already exists
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:43.930541 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:43.930841 #1]  INFO -- : > su postgres -c 'psql discourse -c "create user discourse;"' || true
2023-12-25 20:17:43.965 UTC [59] postgres@discourse ERROR:  role "discourse" already exists
2023-12-25 20:17:43.965 UTC [59] postgres@discourse STATEMENT:  create user discourse;
ERROR:  role "discourse" already exists
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:43.967147 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:43.967381 #1]  INFO -- : > su postgres -c 'psql discourse -c "grant all privileges on database discourse to discourse;"' || true
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.001390 #1]  INFO -- : GRANT

I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.001569 #1]  INFO -- : > su postgres -c 'psql discourse -c "alter schema public owner to discourse;"'
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.034405 #1]  INFO -- : ALTER SCHEMA

I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.034555 #1]  INFO -- : > su postgres -c 'psql template1 -c "create extension if not exists hstore;"'
NOTICE:  extension "hstore" already exists, skipping
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.068963 #1]  INFO -- : CREATE EXTENSION

I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.069141 #1]  INFO -- : > su postgres -c 'psql template1 -c "create extension if not exists pg_trgm;"'
NOTICE:  extension "pg_trgm" already exists, skipping
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.102938 #1]  INFO -- : CREATE EXTENSION

I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.103231 #1]  INFO -- : > su postgres -c 'psql template1 -c "create extension if not exists vector;"'
NOTICE:  extension "vector" already exists, skipping
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.136547 #1]  INFO -- : CREATE EXTENSION

I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.136804 #1]  INFO -- : > su postgres -c 'psql discourse -c "create extension if not exists hstore;"'
NOTICE:  extension "hstore" already exists, skipping
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.169333 #1]  INFO -- : CREATE EXTENSION

I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.169627 #1]  INFO -- : > su postgres -c 'psql discourse -c "create extension if not exists pg_trgm;"'
NOTICE:  extension "pg_trgm" already exists, skipping
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.202195 #1]  INFO -- : CREATE EXTENSION

I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.202350 #1]  INFO -- : > su postgres -c 'psql discourse -c "create extension if not exists vector;"'
NOTICE:  extension "vector" already exists, skipping
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.235203 #1]  INFO -- : CREATE EXTENSION

I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.235447 #1]  INFO -- : > sudo -u postgres psql discourse
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.236667 #1]  INFO -- : update pg_database set encoding = pg_char_to_encoding('UTF8') where datname = 'discourse' AND encoding = pg_char_to_encoding('SQL_ASCII');

I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.273468 #1]  INFO -- : File > /var/lib/postgresql/take-database-backup  chmod: +x  chown: postgres:postgres
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.275581 #1]  INFO -- : File > /var/spool/cron/crontabs/postgres  chmod:   chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.275661 #1]  INFO -- : > echo postgres installed!
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.277162 #1]  INFO -- : postgres installed!

I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.280680 #1]  INFO -- : File > /etc/service/redis/run  chmod: +x  chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.284106 #1]  INFO -- : File > /etc/service/redis/log/run  chmod: +x  chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.287580 #1]  INFO -- : File > /etc/runit/3.d/10-redis  chmod: +x  chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.287758 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing daemonize yes with  in /etc/redis/redis.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.288183 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:^pidfile.*$) with  in /etc/redis/redis.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.288516 #1]  INFO -- : > install -d -m 0755 -o redis -g redis /shared/redis_data
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.290401 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.290736 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:^logfile.*$) with logfile "" in /etc/redis/redis.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.291234 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:^bind .*$) with  in /etc/redis/redis.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.292358 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:^dir .*$) with dir /shared/redis_data in /etc/redis/redis.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.293507 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing (?-mix:^protected-mode yes) with protected-mode no in /etc/redis/redis.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.294570 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing # io-threads 4 with io-threads $redis_io_threads in /etc/redis/redis.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.295676 #1]  INFO -- : > echo redis installed
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.297197 #1]  INFO -- : redis installed

I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.297338 #1]  INFO -- : > cat /etc/redis/redis.conf | grep logfile
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.300003 #1]  INFO -- : logfile ""

I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.300156 #1]  INFO -- : > exec chpst -u redis -U redis /usr/bin/redis-server /etc/redis/redis.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:44.301361 #1]  INFO -- : > sleep 10
111:C 25 Dec 2023 20:17:44.305 # oO0OoO0OoO0Oo Redis is starting oO0OoO0OoO0Oo
111:C 25 Dec 2023 20:17:44.305 # Redis version=7.0.7, bits=64, commit=00000000, modified=0, pid=111, just started
111:C 25 Dec 2023 20:17:44.305 # Configuration loaded
111:M 25 Dec 2023 20:17:44.306 * monotonic clock: POSIX clock_gettime
111:M 25 Dec 2023 20:17:44.306 * Running mode=standalone, port=6379.
111:M 25 Dec 2023 20:17:44.306 # Server initialized
111:M 25 Dec 2023 20:17:44.306 # WARNING Memory overcommit must be enabled! Without it, a background save or replication may fail under low memory condition. Being disabled, it can can also cause failures without low memory condition, see https://github.com/jemalloc/jemalloc/issues/1328. To fix this issue add 'vm.overcommit_memory = 1' to /etc/sysctl.conf and then reboot or run the command 'sysctl vm.overcommit_memory=1' for this to take effect.
111:M 25 Dec 2023 20:17:44.306 * Loading RDB produced by version 7.0.7
111:M 25 Dec 2023 20:17:44.306 * RDB age 406 seconds
111:M 25 Dec 2023 20:17:44.306 * RDB memory usage when created 0.82 Mb
111:M 25 Dec 2023 20:17:44.306 * Done loading RDB, keys loaded: 0, keys expired: 0.
111:M 25 Dec 2023 20:17:44.306 * DB loaded from disk: 0.000 seconds
111:M 25 Dec 2023 20:17:44.307 * Ready to accept connections
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:54.302956 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:54.303356 #1]  INFO -- : > thpoff echo "thpoff is installed!"
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:54.306493 #1]  INFO -- : thpoff is installed!

I, [2023-12-25T20:17:54.306661 #1]  INFO -- : > /usr/local/bin/ruby -e 'if ENV["DISCOURSE_SMTP_ADDRESS"] == "smtp.example.com"; puts "Aborting! Mail is not configured!"; exit 1; end'
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:54.353483 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:54.353683 #1]  INFO -- : > /usr/local/bin/ruby -e 'if ENV["DISCOURSE_HOSTNAME"] == "discourse.example.com"; puts "Aborting! Domain is not configured!"; exit 1; end'
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:54.398993 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:54.399215 #1]  INFO -- : > /usr/local/bin/ruby -e 'if (ENV["DISCOURSE_CDN_URL"] || "")[0..1] == "//"; puts "Aborting! CDN must have a protocol specified. Once fixed you should rebake your posts now to correct all posts."; exit 1; end'
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:54.444831 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:54.444985 #1]  INFO -- : > rm -f /etc/cron.d/anacron
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:54.446911 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:54.449075 #1]  INFO -- : File > /etc/cron.d/anacron  chmod:   chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:54.452738 #1]  INFO -- : File > /etc/runit/1.d/copy-env  chmod: +x  chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:54.456378 #1]  INFO -- : File > /etc/service/unicorn/run  chmod: +x  chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:54.460041 #1]  INFO -- : File > /etc/service/nginx/run  chmod: +x  chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:54.463568 #1]  INFO -- : File > /etc/runit/3.d/01-nginx  chmod: +x  chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:54.467142 #1]  INFO -- : File > /etc/runit/3.d/02-unicorn  chmod: +x  chown:
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:54.467248 #1]  INFO -- : Replacing # postgres with sv start postgres || exit 1 in /etc/service/unicorn/run
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:54.467504 #1]  INFO -- : > exec chpst -u redis -U redis /usr/bin/redis-server /etc/redis/redis.conf
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:54.469197 #1]  INFO -- : > cd /var/www/discourse && sudo -H -E -u discourse git reset --hard
138:C 25 Dec 2023 20:17:54.473 # oO0OoO0OoO0Oo Redis is starting oO0OoO0OoO0Oo
138:C 25 Dec 2023 20:17:54.473 # Redis version=7.0.7, bits=64, commit=00000000, modified=0, pid=138, just started
138:C 25 Dec 2023 20:17:54.473 # Configuration loaded
138:M 25 Dec 2023 20:17:54.473 * monotonic clock: POSIX clock_gettime
138:M 25 Dec 2023 20:17:54.473 # Warning: Could not create server TCP listening socket *:6379: bind: Address already in use
138:M 25 Dec 2023 20:17:54.473 # Failed listening on port 6379 (TCP), aborting.
Updating files: 100% (33715/33715), done.
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:56.399637 #1]  INFO -- : HEAD is now at 6ab1a19e9 DEV: Convert min_trust_level_to_allow_invite to groups (#24893)

I, [2023-12-25T20:17:56.399849 #1]  INFO -- : > cd /var/www/discourse && sudo -H -E -u discourse git clean -f
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:56.493840 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:17:56.494022 #1]  INFO -- : > cd /var/www/discourse && sudo -H -E -u discourse bash -c '
  set -o errexit
  if [ $(git rev-parse --is-shallow-repository) == "true" ]; then
      git remote set-branches --add origin main
      git remote set-branches origin tests-passed
      git fetch --depth 1 origin tests-passed
  else
      git fetch --tags --prune-tags --prune --force origin
  fi
'
fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/discourse/discourse.git/': gnutls_handshake() failed: Error in the pull function.
I, [2023-12-25T20:21:09.159357 #1]  INFO -- :
I, [2023-12-25T20:21:09.159911 #1]  INFO -- : Terminating async processes
I, [2023-12-25T20:21:09.159976 #1]  INFO -- : Sending INT to HOME=/var/lib/postgresql USER=postgres exec chpst -u postgres:postgres:ssl-cert -U postgres:postgres:ssl-cert /usr/lib/postgresql/13/bin/postmaster -D /etc/postgresql/13/main pid: 42
I, [2023-12-25T20:21:09.160015 #1]  INFO -- : Sending TERM to exec chpst -u redis -U redis /usr/bin/redis-server /etc/redis/redis.conf pid: 111
2023-12-25 20:21:09.160 UTC [42] LOG:  received fast shutdown request
111:signal-handler (1703535669) Received SIGTERM scheduling shutdown...
2023-12-25 20:21:09.162 UTC [42] LOG:  aborting any active transactions
2023-12-25 20:21:09.163 UTC [42] LOG:  background worker "logical replication launcher" (PID 51) exited with exit code 1
2023-12-25 20:21:09.164 UTC [46] LOG:  shutting down
2023-12-25 20:21:09.197 UTC [42] LOG:  database system is shut down
111:M 25 Dec 2023 20:21:09.208 # User requested shutdown...
111:M 25 Dec 2023 20:21:09.208 * Saving the final RDB snapshot before exiting.
111:M 25 Dec 2023 20:21:09.210 * DB saved on disk
111:M 25 Dec 2023 20:21:09.210 # Redis is now ready to exit, bye bye...


FAILED
--------------------
Pups::ExecError: cd /var/www/discourse && sudo -H -E -u discourse bash -c '
  set -o errexit
  if [ $(git rev-parse --is-shallow-repository) == "true" ]; then
      git remote set-branches --add origin main
      git remote set-branches origin tests-passed
      git fetch --depth 1 origin tests-passed
  else
      git fetch --tags --prune-tags --prune --force origin
  fi
' failed with return #<Process::Status: pid 146 exit 128>
Location of failure: /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/3.2.0/gems/pups-1.2.1/lib/pups/exec_command.rb:132:in `spawn'
exec failed with the params {"cd"=>"$home", "hook"=>"code", "cmd"=>["sudo -H -E -u discourse git reset --hard", "sudo -H -E -u discourse git clean -f", "sudo -H -E -u discourse bash -c '\n  set -o errexit\n  if [ $(git rev-parse --is-shallow-repository) == \"true\" ]; then\n      git remote set-branches --add origin main\n      git remote set-branches origin $version\n      git fetch --depth 1 origin $version\n  else\n      git fetch --tags --prune-tags --prune --force origin\n  fi\n'", "sudo -H -E -u discourse bash -c '\n  set -o errexit\n  if [[ $(git symbolic-ref --short HEAD) == $version ]] ; then\n      git pull\n  else\n      git -c advice.detachedHead=false checkout $version\n  fi\n'", "sudo -H -E -u discourse git config user.discourse-version $version", "mkdir -p tmp", "chown discourse:www-data tmp", "mkdir -p tmp/pids", "mkdir -p tmp/sockets", "touch tmp/.gitkeep", "mkdir -p                    /shared/log/rails", "bash -c \"touch -a           /shared/log/rails/{production,production_errors,unicorn.stdout,unicorn.stderr,sidekiq}.log\"", "bash -c \"ln    -s           /shared/log/rails/{production,production_errors,unicorn.stdout,unicorn.stderr,sidekiq}.log $home/log\"", "bash -c \"mkdir -p           /shared/{uploads,backups}\"", "bash -c \"ln    -s           /shared/{uploads,backups} $home/public\"", "bash -c \"mkdir -p           /shared/tmp/{backups,restores}\"", "bash -c \"ln    -s           /shared/tmp/{backups,restores} $home/tmp\"", "chown -R discourse:www-data /shared/log/rails /shared/uploads /shared/backups /shared/tmp", "[ ! -d public/plugins ] || find public/plugins/ -maxdepth 1 -xtype l -delete"]}
bootstrap failed with exit code 128
** FAILED TO BOOTSTRAP ** please scroll up and look for earlier error messages, there may be more than one.
./discourse-doctor may help diagnose the problem.
7a782f1a982bc1b1f900ccdaba74ff113e442401162e2f53250aa4bb7b611d2f
==================== END REBUILD LOG ====================
Failed to rebuild app.

Checking your domain name . . .

Connection to discourse.altisliferoleplay.org succeeded.
You should probably remove any non-standard plugins and rebuild.
Attempting to restart existing container. . .
x86_64 arch detected.

+ /usr/bin/docker run --shm-size=512m -d --restart=always -e LANG=en_US.UTF-8 -e RAILS_ENV=production -e UNICORN_WORKERS=4 -e UNICORN_SIDEKIQS=1 -e RUBY_GC_HEAP_GROWTH_MAX_SLOTS=40000 -e RUBY_GC_HEAP_INIT_SLOTS=400000 -e RUBY_GC_HEAP_OLDOBJECT_LIMIT_FACTOR=1.5 -e DISCOURSE_DB_SOCKET=/var/run/postgresql -e DISCOURSE_DB_HOST= -e DISCOURSE_DB_PORT= -e LETSENCRYPT_DIR=/shared/letsencrypt -e DISCOURSE_FORCE_HTTPS=true -e LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 -e LANGUAGE=en_US.UTF-8 -e DISCOURSE_HOSTNAME=discourse.altisliferoleplay.org -e DISCOURSE_DEVELOPER_EMAILS=support@alitsliferoleplay.org -e DISCOURSE_SMTP_ADDRESS=smtp-relay.brevo.com -e DISCOURSE_SMTP_PORT=587 -e DISCOURSE_SMTP_USER_NAME=johnwilson.alrp@gmail.com -e DISCOURSE_SMTP_PASSWORD=-e DISCOURSE_SMTP_DOMAIN=discourse.altisliferoleplay.org -e DISCOURSE_NOTIFICATION_EMAIL=noreply@discourse.altisliferoleplay.org -e LETSENCRYPT_ACCOUNT_EMAIL=me@example.com -h website1-2-app -e DOCKER_HOST_IP=172.17.0.1 --name app -t -p 80:80 -p 443:443 -v /var/discourse/shared/standalone:/shared -v /var/discourse/shared/standalone/log/var-log:/var/log --mac-address 02:2f:d7:8b:2a:ee local_discourse/app /sbin/boot
Unable to find image 'local_discourse/app:latest' locally
docker: Error response from daemon: pull access denied for local_discourse/app, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login': denied: requested access to the resource is denied.
See 'docker run --help'.
Failed to restart the container.


==================== PLUGINS ====================
          - git clone https://github.com/discourse/docker_manager.git

No non-official plugins detected.

See https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/main/lib/plugin/metadata.rb for the official list.

========================================
Discourse version at discourse.altisliferoleplay.org: NOT FOUND
Discourse version at localhost: NOT FOUND


==================== MEMORY INFORMATION ====================
RAM (MB): 16757

               total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:           15980         465        9572           1        5943       15176
Swap:              0           0           0

==================== DISK SPACE CHECK ====================
---------- OS Disk Space ----------
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root        49G  6.6G   42G  14% /

==================== DISK INFORMATION ====================
Disk /dev/loop0: 63.91 MiB, 67014656 bytes, 130888 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes


Disk /dev/loop1: 355.68 MiB, 372961280 bytes, 728440 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes


Disk /dev/loop2: 111.95 MiB, 117387264 bytes, 229272 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes


Disk /dev/loop3: 40.86 MiB, 42840064 bytes, 83672 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes


Disk /dev/nvme0n1: 50 GiB, 53687091200 bytes, 104857600 sectors
Disk model: nvme_card-pd
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disklabel type: gpt
Disk identifier: 7948355F-72D1-4BD9-A178-7B0A4D5B967A

Device           Start       End   Sectors  Size Type
/dev/nvme0n1p1  227328 104857566 104630239 49.9G Linux filesystem
/dev/nvme0n1p14   2048     10239      8192    4M BIOS boot
/dev/nvme0n1p15  10240    227327    217088  106M EFI System

Partition table entries are not in disk order.

==================== END DISK INFORMATION ====================

==================== MAIL TEST ====================
For a robust test, get an address from http://www.mail-tester.com/
Or just send a test message to yourself.

Error Message


FAILED
--------------------
Pups::ExecError: cd /var/www/discourse && sudo -H -E -u discourse bash -c '
  set -o errexit
  if [ $(git rev-parse --is-shallow-repository) == "true" ]; then
      git remote set-branches --add origin main
      git remote set-branches origin tests-passed
      git fetch --depth 1 origin tests-passed
  else
      git fetch --tags --prune-tags --prune --force origin
  fi
' failed with return #<Process::Status: pid 146 exit 128>
Location of failure: /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/3.2.0/gems/pups-1.2.1/lib/pups/exec_command.rb:132:in `spawn'
exec failed with the params {"cd"=>"$home", "hook"=>"code", "cmd"=>["sudo -H -E -u discourse git reset --hard", "sudo -H -E -u discourse git clean -f", "sudo -H -E -u discourse bash -c '\n  set -o errexit\n  if [ $(git rev-parse --is-shallow-repository) == \"true\" ]; then\n      git remote set-branches --add origin main\n      git remote set-branches origin $version\n      git fetch --depth 1 origin $version\n  else\n      git fetch --tags --prune-tags --prune --force origin\n  fi\n'", "sudo -H -E -u discourse bash -c '\n  set -o errexit\n  if [[ $(git symbolic-ref --short HEAD) == $version ]] ; then\n      git pull\n  else\n      git -c advice.detachedHead=false checkout $version\n  fi\n'", "sudo -H -E -u discourse git config user.discourse-version $version", "mkdir -p tmp", "chown discourse:www-data tmp", "mkdir -p tmp/pids", "mkdir -p tmp/sockets", "touch tmp/.gitkeep", "mkdir -p                    /shared/log/rails", "bash -c \"touch -a           /shared/log/rails/{production,production_errors,unicorn.stdout,unicorn.stderr,sidekiq}.log\"", "bash -c \"ln    -s           /shared/log/rails/{production,production_errors,unicorn.stdout,unicorn.stderr,sidekiq}.log $home/log\"", "bash -c \"mkdir -p           /shared/{uploads,backups}\"", "bash -c \"ln    -s           /shared/{uploads,backups} $home/public\"", "bash -c \"mkdir -p           /shared/tmp/{backups,restores}\"", "bash -c \"ln    -s           /shared/tmp/{backups,restores} $home/tmp\"", "chown -R discourse:www-data /shared/log/rails /shared/uploads /shared/backups /shared/tmp", "[ ! -d public/plugins ] || find public/plugins/ -maxdepth 1 -xtype l -delete"]}
bootstrap failed with exit code 128
** FAILED TO BOOTSTRAP ** please scroll up and look for earlier error messages, there may be more than one.
./discourse-doctor may help diagnose the problem.
7a782f1a982bc1b1f900ccdaba74ff113e442401162e2f53250aa4bb7b611d2f

It looks it failed here:

fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/discourse/discourse.git/': gnutls_handshake() failed: Error in the pull function.

This might help you: Fresh install failing - gnutls_handshake() failed: Error in the pull function - #12 by Sisko