Feature to allow uservoice/getsatisfaction suggestions and voting

Currently we’re using “top” discussions by feature category as in meta, but it’s not easy to understand if users like the discussion or the feature itself. With a separate vote system it should be more clear and valuable.
I love your idea and think it’s a Discourse must-have

1 Like

Here’s a proper mockup of how I imagine this plugin working:

In title:

• Votes are displayed above the topic creator’s post, distinguishing the title as a separate thing that you can vote on. You’re voting on the proposal, not the person.
  • Below, the forum works as normal. OP’s post can be Liked, just like everyone else’s.
  • Votes would be anonymous to everyone except admins (could be toggle-able though).
  • If you click on the Vote button as an unregistered user you could still vote by adding your e-mail, and a staged account would be created for you:

As a result of such a plugin, the average like count on the first post in a feature request would almost certainly take a hit, but I don’t see that as a bad thing.

7 Likes

Clear and minimal, I like it.
We should permit to activate it just for a few categories and implemented features should be disappear from the category list.

2 Likes

That’s a super feature :wink: good incentive

1 Like

Great mockup. Thanks for the effort.

I want to echo your surprise. I’d gladly buy this as a premium plugin.

2 Likes

Surely this would be a setting?

Also, what if I find that a feature/request/option that I had sort of ignored is more important than anticipated? Am I stuck, or can I remove one of my votes from another topic to make room to vote for my new priority?

1 Like

Number of active votes should be a setting, yeah.

No. I covered this in my earlier musing:

I should probably get a fresh start with a new spec-topic.

2 Likes

I’d also be interested in this as a premium plugin.

1 Like

Decided to start a new topic for this as a complete spec. Hope you don’t mind the hijack @pakl! :pray:

3 Likes