Ghost, a cyberpunk theme for Discourse

Just dropping in a bug report from one of my users regarding this theme:

I attempted to resize the text via Discourse preferences, (Preferences > Interface) and the change isn’t taking effect. The Larger Font theme is contrary to my needs, so I can’t use it as a workaround.

MacBook 2015
Mojave 10.14
Firefox 63.0.1
Ghost theme
Screenshots:

Set to “largest” font:

And…

Set to “Smaller” font:

Passing this along on behalf of my users!

3 Likes

The font size is hard coded into the theme, so it can’t be overwritten with the text size selector. It would be a fairly small change to update the theme to set the font size based on the classes that get added to Discourse by the text size selector. I’ve tested it out with the font set to 14px, and it seems to me that the theme still looks good with the font at this size. It is possible that it breaks the layout in places that I haven’t looked at though.

6 Likes

Updated the theme to fix the broken avatars in the topic list on mobile due to

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/dc1836573d96768b4cc685c52c2c15aeac9f069e

8 Likes

Submitted a pull request to fix various issues I’ve been noticing on Meta (category page, user menu, admin/settings pages, alerts and others) :rabbit2:

https://github.com/discourse/ghost/pull/3

11 Likes

Advanced search filters appear to not work unless manually typed out.
I can see underscores being added to the beginning of file names before fetching, resulting in a 403/4.

3 Likes

Thanks for reporting this. Ghost restructures the full-page-search template and the original template seems to have diverged since. @Falco @awesomerobot I submitted a pull request to use the original template as it is no longer necessary to override it

https://github.com/discourse/ghost/pull/4

5 Likes

love it :heart: ~~~~~~~~~~

2 Likes

This theme is well done and fun on mobile!

Thanks to all who contributed to make it even better!

2 Likes

Got something from one of my users:

Anchors don’t render correctly in category description boxes (although render fine in the pinned topic where the description be)

1 Like

@awesomerobot created a pr to fix the issue reported by @Wolftallemo but the components/categories-only template override probably needs an update to use components/parent-category-row or perhaps the template override can be removed altogether

I’ll try to find some time to do a theme update/clean up!

4 Likes

Read topics style was broken by Modernizing our Topic List HTML - preparing themes, components and plugins

4 Likes

The issues were fixed here: REFACTOR: Prep for topic-list refactor by jordanvidrine · Pull Request #9 · discourse/ghost · GitHub

4 Likes

Looks like it’s still broken on mobile?

3 Likes

@Falco are you referring to message threads?

2 Likes

I mean topic lists like the one at /latest. They are still not marked as read in mobile despite the fix for desktop at Ghost, a cyberpunk theme for Discourse - #33 by jordan.vidrine

4 Likes

I think this should fix it. I missed a mobile template override in this theme. It has been approved and merged.

3 Likes

I just updated the Ghost theme and it’s throwing this error:

Error: @use rules must be written before any other rules. ╷ 1 │ $primary: #222222 !default; $secondary: #ffffff !default; $tertiary: #0088cc !default; $quaternary: #e45735 !default; $header_background: #3771C8 !default; $header_primary: #ffffff !default; $highlight: #ffff4d !default; $danger: #e45735 !default; $success: #009900 !default; $love: #fa6c8d !default; $hover: #f2f2f2 !default; $selected: #e9e9e9 !default; $public_image_path: “https://intfiction.org/images”; @import “common/foundation/variables”; @import “common/foundation/mixins”; $invert-logo: unquote(“true”); @use “sass:list”; │ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ╵ /var/www/discourse/common.scss 1:519 root stylesheet

3 Likes

Thanks for letting us know! I’ve just made an update to the theme that should solve this.

2 Likes

Finally got it to clear the error. Updating from Settings-Customize didn’t do it, I had to delete the theme and re-install it from Git. In fact it looks better than ever. Is the default body text supposed to be italic though? (I didn’t use the theme, maybe that’s a feature?)

1 Like

Great theme!

However, when installing it on my site I see the “related” and “suggested” links at the bottom of each post overlap. See screenshot: