Git Hub Profile Image Not Importing

Hi, I am having an issue in my forum where user’s github images are not porting over to the forum, they are having to manually set their profile picture… Does anyone know how I can diagnose this issue? or, better yet, how i can fix it? Any feed back is greatly appreciated!
:slight_smile:

just for clarification, all the users sign into the forum using git hub. Thanks :smile:

Also, if this helps, I have over 200 copies of the highlighted error in my logs. checkout the image below.

1 Like

There is no support for automatically pulling profile images from GitHub, Facebook, Twitter, etc at this time.

2 Likes

Hi @codinghorror I just wanted to check back and see whether automatic import of GitHub images is on your roadmap.

The ~200 people who join our discourse instance every day have to manually upload an image and usually don’t have their GitHub headshot on-hand. This possible within the context of GitHub’s API (we do it on Free Code Camp) and would dramatically reduce the number of placeholder letters on our discourse instance.

It is not, if anyone in the community would like to contribute a PR that would be great!

1 Like

Great. I will see whether I can drum up interest. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@david are we now pulling avatars from GitHub, Facebook, Twitter, etc?

Facebook and Twitter, yes. GitHub will work once we tick it off the list here: Future Social Authentication Improvements

2 Likes