Enabling Mentions in Comments and Disabling Commenting in Discourse
Gavin_Hudson seeks help on enabling @ mentions in comments or disabling commenting altogether, as beta users are frustrated with this limitation. merefield asks if mentions are enabled, and Gavin confirms they are, but only for posts, not comments. Gavin provides screenshots demonstrating the issue.
Moin inquires about the type of “comments” Gavin refers to, and Gavin clarifies that comments are added via the Post Voting plugin. Gavin discovers that the settings for comments are found in the plugin settings, not in Admin > Settings, thanks to Moin’s question.
Gavin_Hudson concludes that he can disable comments in favor of replies by modifying the Post Voting plugin settings, but doesn’t see an option to enable mentions in comments. Heliosurge suggests filing a feature request, as it’s surprising that mentions don’t work in comments.
Our beta users are frustrated that it doesn’t seem possible to @ mention people in comments. Is there a way to enable this? Alternately, as I’ve noticed the meta Discourse seems to have disabled commenting entirely, how might this be achieved? Many thanks!
Yes, thank you @Moin. I didn’t realize that comments were an added feature of the Post Voting plugin. I have that enabled by default, so I thought the settings for comments would be found in Admin > settings, not in the plugin settings. I don’t see a way to make mentions available in the post voting plugin settings, but this answers the other question about how to disable comments in favour of replies.