Use Discourse as a Private Support/Ticket System

I think I’ve found a minor bug with this and am interested in other’s opinions. I’ve set up everything just about exactly like these instructions however I have a email-receiver docker running to receive emails directly at my hosted discourse forum and send to the forum via API. This is better than POP3. Email server forwards emails from help@test.com to help@myforum.test.com which is set up as the category incoming email. All good and fine. When I send an email to help@test.com with a nonregistered email accout it creates a new ticket/topic in the thread and I can handle that.

The problem comes after I’ve invited the user to become a member of the forum. When they are anything OTHER than anonymous or staged they suddenly can’t sent a support request email to help@test.com. The email gets rejected because the category is restricted to admins only for see/replying/posting AND to anon/staged (0-level) users for posting.

There is no way to allow for a level 1,2,3 user to POST/EMAIL to the category without actually seeing the category and all the other topics available correct? At least I don’t see how to fix this.

tldr: the second a user is no longer level-0 (when email-receiver is the way incoming email is handled) they can’t email to create a new support ticket.

It’s almost like this needs to be toggles so Create/Reply can be set but not See.

30%20PM

How to fix?