iOS 11 makes Discourse buggy?

Oh I never use backswipe, that is why I don’t notice it

1 Like

iPhone SE has random but regular cursor or tap positioning issues. I have not found out what triggers them, but happens on daily basis. Somewhat annoying, especially for a moderator or admin.

If you guys have a test engineer on payroll, it might be and idea to perform thorough exploratory testing using this HW.

It is not our fault Apple ship buggy safari. I spent weeks already working around Apple bugs

How is a test engineer going to help here?

3 Likes

Dear Sam, I did not mean to blame anyone or undermine your fantastic development efforts. I was merely pointing a direction where a bug hungry test engineer could find something (iOS 11 issues but also layout related stuff) . :heart:

They would need to drive to Cupertino and start knocking on doors…

7 Likes

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

3 Likes

I’ve found a reliable repro.

1. Open the composer on meta.
  2. Wait for the keyboard to pop up
  3. Scroll the screen up (this is possible despite there being no content below the editor)
  4. Start typing into the textarea. Cursor is shown approx two lines below the text being typed, and all taps are “off target”

It’s clearly an Apple bug and must be hugely frustrating for the Discourse team. But there may be a workaround that’s not too onerous?

For example, I can scroll the screen up significantly with the composer open, yet there’s nothing underneath it. Perhaps if this space is closed down, I’ll be prevented from vertical scrolling into it?

I am pretty sure swipe is fixed now with 11.3, works snappy for me, a bit quirky but works better

9 Likes

Omg they actually fixed something?

3 Likes

2 things cause camera works in app :heart_eyes:

As an Australian this is important cause there are many spiders

This is still broken

6 Likes

I can confirm that it works now with 11.3 :tada:

4 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Losing scroll position in a topic after flagging