List of full moderation tools?

This is really wonderful of you, thank you :smile:

I think I’ll start to keep track of some things I’d like to mention too (might move this elsewhere later on):

• Agree vs defer vs disagree flags (what action counts for user who flagged and post creator, whether a post remains hidden)
    (I remember when I first saw these options, I actually did think that ‘agree’ meant ‘agree with the content of the post’, rather than ‘agree with the reason for flagging’)

• what sorts of things are included in the logs (maybe not anything lengthy is needed, but just a general brief thing)

• closing vs archiving vs unlisting topics

• user trust levels Understanding Discourse Trust Levels

• I’d also like to mention things like one of Discourse’s aims is to give the community tools to look after itself too, and I’d like to link discussions behind some motivations for features so that people will be able to have some idea about making a decision too
    (e.g. if users are hitting the daily like limit and they would like it to be changed, there is not just going and changing it, but also like why rate-limiting is in place and I think that would be helpful to include. Edit: I just realised this is pretty quick to find out by searching here on Meta, but I think there have been a few other cases where I’ve found helpful stuff from just hopping around topics here, but didn’t know the things at the time when I would have needed it)

1 Like