Need help with dual container. Issue with LetsEncrypt for a few days now

I asked Claude to follow your advice by adding www as a new certificate request (if that’s what it’s called?) It seems to be working now.

When I asked which files are leftovers from this whole process, I got this:

Here’s what’s actually there, split by what’s from tonight vs. older leftovers from before this conversation:

From tonight (this session):

  • /tmp/acme.sh.txt — the script copy you asked to download, safe to delete now that you have it on your Mac
  • /tmp/crtsh.json — empty 150-byte file from the crt.sh 502 error, junk, safe to delete
  • /root/discourse-backup-20260827-1857.tar.gz — the real backup from earlier tonight (SSL/letsencrypt configs), this one’s actually worth keeping, not junk

Older, from before this conversation (Aug 23 and Aug 25), not something I put there:

  • /tmp/app.yml
  • /tmp/check.png, /tmp/check162.png, /tmp/after.png, /tmp/rendered_avatar.png

I don’t know what those older ones are for, they predate anything we did tonight, likely leftovers from an earlier troubleshooting session (yours, the bot’s, or a previous Claude chat). Do you recognize them, or want me to help figure out what they’re from before deciding whether to delete?

Nothing suspicious showed up outside /tmp and /root, the broader system scan came back clean, just normal log files.


Can I go ahead and delete all of those?

Should I then revert what I just did?

I don’t mind talking to real humans at all, but I just don’t want to ask all the questions here and flood the forum with the whole process (output/logs from Terminal), and instead I rather just come up with something that’s already “kinda” working to make the conversation a bit shorter. We all have our own lives and limited time, and I don’t want to jump to the forum right away, unless I really hit a wall, you know?

I appreciate your help!
So, right now, should I revert what I did? Do you see any issue with that approach compared to just waiting for the 29th?