With some frequency people want to add something to the Summary emails (e.g., Need advertising added to the newsletter (Digest), and I just did a project where someone wants some data from custom fields added to summary emails). There is currently no way to do that without overwriting the whole template. This is a huge bummer if and when the template changes.
To my naive way of thinking, it seems like the solution to this problem is that there be some stubs in
def digest_text_after_logo (user, opts) "" end
with corresponding stuff in digest (e.g.,
@after_logo = digest_text_after_logo) and in the template (e.g.,
@after_logo after the logo before the following table).
I think the places to add stuff include
- in the header after the logo
- before “Popular topics”
- perhap before “New for you”
- before the footer/unsubscribe links.
All that to say
- Do I understand correctly what would need to be done?
- would this be a welcome PR?
- Would someone who knows the answer to (1) like to submit the PR?