Polls UX: Problems and solutions

Here’s what I can I say: I have set up a new corporate Discourse instance and created a [multiple choice] poll. What I then noticed was that

  • at least one colleague responded to the vote in a reply rather than voting,
  • more than one colleague stated they had voted when in fact their vote had not been saved and
  • at least one colleague stated he didn’t identify the poll as such, but rather thought it was a simple text list of options.

Based on these indications, I discussed these issues, established a connection with UX design and came up with the above mentioned hypotheses and explanations.

This is all the evidence I can offer. On the contrary, I would argue that not having heard of these from 400+ hosted customers does not prove the inexistence of the problems either.

Just for the record: This is not about me.

1 me gusta