Posting is taking multiple seconds

Good news, @riking’s refactor was just merged in. Super keen to know how it improves the experience for you and your users.

Also regarding this messed up rebuild when you are on pg 10, do you have a dedicated topic for it? I want to get rebuild working about for you ASAP, even if you have to wait a few days for @Falco to come up with a manual process for PG upgrade which involves less free disk space

3 Likes

Falco fixed the bug with staying on pg10 yesterday, I didn’t try to rebuild again at that time because I was waiting for it to calm down before taking more risky actions. I just ran a rebuild and it succeeded with pg10.

Posting seems a bit faster after the update, will check again after it’s had a bit to settle down.

Edit: It definitely feels faster posting normally. Thing is, post times weren’t terrible most of the time before-- they often took 2s or so, but Discourse wasn’t blocking so it wasn’t a big deal. The kicker was that sometimes, unpredictably, it would take 6-8 seconds and that was very noticeable. So we’ll see if that happens now. Will take awhile to show up if so.

3 Likes