Simplified HTML emails

I think there is a huge divide here, which is why you are having trouble parsing this:

On one side of the :mountain: you have users who use “email” as a “trigger” to get them to visit forums.

On the other side you have users who want to do the majority of interaction via email, they do not care that a forum exist, all the want is MAILMAN foreva ™

For the mailman users:

• They do not care about titles and avatars, email is enough, when they see all this duplication they have an internal fit.

• They also do not care about all the emphasis to visit the site, large footers and big blue buttons turn them off.

• They hate the way titles are full of [XXXX] [YYYY] before they see actual title.

I do not see us being able to make both “groups” of users happy out of the box that easily.

What I would prefer to see done here is to provide the extensibility to override these templates.

Where I would recommend starting is with a plugin that allows users to select an email template as “minimal” or something along those lines. Then @LeoMcA can have all the Mailman ninjas :necktie: simply select a different “minimal” template.

I think it is incorrect to look for a solutions that works for two groups that have almost nothing in common. We will just end up making everyone unhappy.

15 Likes