Switch the new sidebar from left to right side (english forum)

Not sure I follow. Apologies. The screenshots on that plugin looks exactly the same as the new Discourse approach of splitting the icons far-left and far-right.

However, I don’t want the menu toggle hamburger icon to be so close to the return-to-forum-home logo. I want to toggle on the sidebar and then use the forums normally without having the sidebar toggle icon in the hot-spot left logo location.

Currently toggling the menu OFF - as devs have implemented it - adds no value or advantage because the page width returns to an already too narrow width. This all means most users won’t be constantly toggling sidebar on and off - rightfully so.

Even if they did, having the hamburger icon to the left of the return-home logo hot-spot isn’t (IMO) a good place and goes against the previous design of Discourse, where all icons are on the right side of the top menu bar. I would like to retain that:
…while also keeping content left and having the sidebar to right. (as per the above screenshot)

Thanks for responding! I will continue reading more about that plugin to better understand if we are referring to the same changes.

1 Like