Text of forwarded emails don't show up in posts

I thought I had this turned on because my discourse did in fact accept forwarded emails and created posts. However, it stripped the content of the forwarded email. So is my understanding correct that what this setting changes is the way the incoming emails are parsed? Or perhaps more precisely: how incoming emails that are not replies to an existing topic are parsed?

In any case, I hope that activating this setting will solve the problem of forwarded content not showing in the posts. But I still wonder: Isn’t there an easy way to manually fix posts where discourse misplaced the cut-off line (between displayed and stripped content)?

Edit: Just found this new feature (which I haven’t got yet on that instance) so I’ll update, but could someone clarify how that new setting relates to what has been discussed here? Is it specific to mailinglists?

Edit2: After investigating a couple of more topics created via mail over the past months, it appears that the content of the forwarded mails is stripped only if there is some text added before the forwarded email (say, something like: “FYI” or “here is something interesting”). If the email is forwarded without commentary, the content is displayed (however, the headers of the forwarded emails are stripped so that it looks like the forwarder wrote the content of the post.) Is all of this intended behaviour?