I’m struggling to convince our organisation not falling back to a traditional forum where you can multiple hierarchy levels, which tend to end up in click-and-run torture, see It’s Time We Talked About Tags
I need ammunition ensuring that it easily feasible by tags without the need to type anything in search box
It would be great if the following questions get answered.
We have local-nodes supporter network what will grow across the globe comparable with “Local Groups” category on https://discuss.okfn.org. On there, all location are covered by subcategories. That is the right solution if you don’t go down to city level as we have to do.
I have in mind a structure as follows:
- category: local nodes
- tag: continent (need to be discussed if it makes sense)
- subcategory: nation (nation shall be well visualized, that is why the continent is tag)
- tag: city
Is there any possibility, that I can navigate by tags only, making use of tag groups hierarchy, like for
- tapping from Asia to Japan
- tapping from Europe to Rome
I haven’t found a way yet, to cover this by navigations fields bar. Neither have I found a way, that topic is auto-tagged by the name if its subcategory and its subcategory parent category to make this possible work.
I’m aware of
- Custom top navigation links
- Topic list sidebar navigation
- Navigation - Add custom menu items
- Getting to /tags?
- DiscoTOC - automatic table of contents
- Topic auto tagging
- How to Organize New User Content?
In addition (for the beginning )
how to make / when does “Search” being shown in tag Search
integrate tag search in category search (I know that there is a search box on the top right but is lists topics too)
At the end I would like to show a world map in the category “local-nodes”, allowing to zoom into the location of interest.
I’m hoping I can make use of the map seen on Locations Plugin, the Data Explorer Plugin Data Explorer Plugin and Custom Layouts Plugin, may be integrated into Discourse Category Banners.
currently I’m only aware of:
- single page maps: Pavilion
- maps in topics: 👼 The Fairphone Angels Program (Local support by community members) - Local - Fairphone Community Forum
It shall look somehow like this: