Voice to text integration

AI-generated summary

The discussion revolves around integrating voice-to-text functionality and voice message features into a Discourse forum. Zee initiated the conversation, seeking a way to convert spoken words into text in Discourse posts. anon65426961 suggested using phone apps with voice-to-text capabilities or built-in microphone icons on certain devices. Aizada_M mentioned potential future integration through Discourse AI or Chatbot plugins.

Additionally, Zee proposed adding a voice message feature, allowing users to send voice notes directly in posts, similar to WhatsApp and Telegram. anon65426961 and Jagster shared links to relevant discussions on meta.discourse.org, including “Voice Recorder Component” and “Discourse Audio Message”. However, merefield cautioned against hoping for a quick solution, while Aizada_M expressed interest in creating a pull request (PR) but lacks programming expertise.

hello there
I wan to create a functionality in my discource forum,

instead of typing on keyboard i want to create a voice to text set up, so i speak and it converts my voice into text in any discource post.

anybody know how i can accomplish this ?

Using your phone, for example?

If you have voice to text with a phone app then you can just use that when you have a discourse text box open or copy in text from other app.

That is automatically integrated with some phones such as samsung keyboard there is a microphone icon you can click for that.

Hello! Perhaps in the future this feature will be implemented using additional Discourse AI or Chatbot plugins. I hold profound hopes for this.

Yeah through phone priamrily

also can we add voice message feature?
so a direct option to send voice notes in a post?
like on whatsapp and telegram?

Looks like there has been some talk about that here:

or this one:

Do not hope, PR.

I would love to create a PR, but I am not a programmer and the only participant in my project (I have no programmer employees) :pensive: