Notion like Editor

It doesn’t surprise me. TipTap looks really good and solid. :smile:

On a side note, I noticed that TipTap is actually a wrapper around ProseMirror.

Tiptap is a headless wrapper around ProseMirror – a toolkit for building rich text WYSIWYG editors, which is already in use at many well-known companies such as New York Times, The Guardian or Atlassian.

Create exactly the rich text editor you want out of customizable building blocks. Tiptap comes with sensible defaults, a lot of extensions and a friendly API to customize every aspect. It’s backed by a welcoming community, open source, and free.

I will give it a try later. It sounds really interesting. I have yet to see if the TipTap API, which I assume makes the ProseMirror API usage easier, can bring all the power ProseMirror offers.

EDIT: Actually I should read the topic, it has been already pointed out multiple times above :rofl:

3 Likes

Outline implements a TipTap-based, block-like editor on top of the Y CRDT, very much like AppFlowy. The latter has its own block editor.

The AnyType editor seemed very powerful, when glancing at it. Yet I don’t know how tightly it couples to its underlying MongoDB storage.

Maybe their source codes can give inspiration in how to build something similar?

Unfortunately the low code Airtable and no code Notion alternative FLOSS scene is mined. Sometimes it’s only parts of the application, that are really FLOSS.

from AFFiNE seemed interesting, when playing with it.

Notea also has a nice and calm block editor.

The only implementation of the

on the other hand seems to be the overwhelming hash.ai?

There are many examples to learn from. How to do it right? What is the benefit over the versatility of plain text Markdown mixed with HTML and bbCode, plus autoboxes?

How would a block editor impact ActivityPub federation? What could it mean to federate individual blocks? Could this work potentially support the development of federated transclusion of blocks even?