Hi,
today an user tried creating a post with an image and probably user pushed the create post button before the image uploading process completed but post saved successfully.

The discussion revolves around an issue where a post is saved successfully before the image uploading process is completed. The original poster, ufukayyildiz, shares an example of this occurrence. JammyDodger suggests that the “reply” button should be inactive while images are uploading and proposes that this might be user error rather than a bug. ufukayyildiz agrees that this could be the case. Another user, omarfilip, reports experiencing the same issue on their forum (version 3.3.0.beta3-dev), suspecting it may be related to mobile phone uploads on cellular networks.
Hi,
today an user tried creating a post with an image and probably user pushed the create post button before the image uploading process completed but post saved successfully.

Hey OP, is it cool with you if I send you a Message about this?
I… have a suspicion that I’d like to raise with you, but I think it would be unfair of me to suggest such publicly. It would potentially explain how this happened without Discourse’s UI having a bug.
The ‘reply’ button should be inactive/greyed out while the images are uploading. Is this something you can test yourself on your site and see if it’s working as expected?
The only way I could replicate this so far is if I manually edited the uploading text before the image has finished processing. Could this be user error in that way rather than a bug?
hım,
yes maybe this happened.
Thank you.
it ok for me.
thanks
No worries.
I’ve slipped this topic over to Support, but if it happens again we can investigate further. ![]()