The discussion revolves around an issue with some settings not saving in a freshly installed Discourse instance using the DigitalOcean image. osc reports that only settings with a textarea aren’t saved, and provides examples of affected settings.
Canapin is able to reproduce the issue and links it to a known bug related to translation fields. osc confirms that the issue is related to translation, as updating the fields works in an English test instance.
awesomerobot identifies the bug and informs that updating Discourse should resolve the issue. osc confirms that updating Discourse fixes the bug.
I searched the forum but I couldn’t find an answer to help me solve an issue with my freshly installed Discourse instance (with the DigitalOcean image).
So basically, the problem is that some settings in Customize aren’t properly saved (the green confirmation button works, but the changes aren’t saved). I looked this topic, but I don’t use Cloudflare. And the issue only happens for some settings.
I did some testing, apparently only settings with a textarea aren’t saved. Others are properly saved.
None of the two text fields save when I update them.
I tried to modify these fields in Edge, Safari and in DiscourseHub, it always fails. As I tried in different browser, I don’t think it’s related to a browser extension (as @pfaffman suggested).
Also, I had no idea only one install type was officially supported. Is it easy/possible to reinstall my instance following the official install guide and not losing the work I already done with it? I have a bunch of plugins and already some content I would prefer not to lose.
If you know how to edit app.yml to change plugins and rebuild, the biggest problems with the DO installation are resolved. It’s pretty close to the standard install except it skips discourse-setup.
I have a test instance that is set in English. Updating these fields in the test instance works, which adds more credence to the hypothesis that something with translation is buggy.