Group based on Custom Field

AI-generated summary

Group based on Custom Field

Jose_C_Gomez inquired about automatically adding users to a group based on their response to a Custom Field question. The initial response from pfaffman indicated that a plugin would be required to achieve this functionality.

However, JammyDodger later revealed that this is now possible using the Automation plugin. Mark_Schmucker had expressed interest in such a feature to automate the process of adding users to a private group based on self-certification. This can now be achieved through the Automation plugin, as described in the Meta Discourse topic.

Is there a way to automatically add a user to a group based on a Custom Field?
I have a group that is specific to “Consultants” and I want to add these users to the Consultants group if they answered True to this question. Ideas?

No. You’d need a plugin to do that.

Not sure why this topic got “automatically bumped” after two years, but it’s timely. I would use such a plugin. I have investors who need to self-certify that they meet certain criteria before they can see the private category. Right now it’s a manual process- they send me a private message saying they meet the criteria, and I manually add them to the group. It would be great if they could self-certify by ticking a box.

We enabled this here to help us clean up old/unanswered/irrelevant topics.

They are, more often than not :wink:

I’m afraid the only way to do that right now hasn’t changed. You still need to build a plugin.

이제는 Automation 플러그인을 사용하여 가능합니다. :tada: 여기에 대해 더 자세히 읽어보실 수 있습니다 - Add users to groups through custom field automation