Hi, Kris! Thanks for detailed answer!
[quote=“awesomerobot, post:27, topic:83430”] It’s surprising that you consider the text monstrous![/quote]
Agree with you - the main Discourse messages text are pretty good enough, can be just a slightly smaller (as you say 15px-14px). I just start to explore your Discourse and not complete the full list of improvements which I need yet. At this paragraph by “monstrously huge” I mean an overall UI, please, look at screenshot:
Do you have any demonstration for all of them? (Your main Discourse Demo does not allow admin login, unfortuantely.)
At this aspect it’s truly the contradiction itself. The classic UI Dropdown list must be used to select 1 from many 1 time (date, country, etc). But at most forums-communities users prefer to communicate at MANY forums Categories. Thus when Discourse add this Dropdown Categories list as some kind of navigation improvement, Flarum make it better as easy&always accessible menu. What is a specially bad that Discourse Dropdown Categories does not support nor Ctrl+Click, nor RightClick+“Open in new window” in-browser’s actions. At classic using case when active user or admin/mods return to forum - they want to open 2-4 favorite Categories for monitoring when any new topic will appear at them - but with Discourse Dropdown Categories it’s impossible. With Discourse Dropdown Categories list user must choose and navigate Categories one-be-one and with a such method user can just forget to explore some Category, or will jump over Categories like the easter bunny, etc. Also always visible Categories can help for better topics separation on new topics creation according to the meaning - because user will see all of them thus will not be lazy to search the proper one. BTW I just invented the perfect solution for this point.
Dear Kris, I’m not the web dev and don’t really know CSS etc unfortunately, can we together step by step complete the job of this topic together with your professional skills? I’m sure it will be very popular! ![]()
