A Fastly IP is blocked from China

Hi
Can someone tell me how (or is it possible) I can have all JS and CSS served from S3?
I’m currently hosted by Discourse.
Thanks!

As a customer you don’t need to worry about that.

All your scripts a served from https://virtual-host-discourse.global.ssl.fastly.net

You have set up AWS, but really should not worry about that (it is costing you extra money and complexity). You should just let us host your images and serve them from our CDN, we can migrate you off AWS if you wish. Let us know.

The issue is our Fastly contents are have problem showing in China:

This is running from Shanghai server:

I am guessing/hoping if they are served from S3 they will show up properly.
Please correct me if I’m wrong.

hmm, this is odd

seems to be showing that it is working fine

hm, i’m not a network guy, but is it possible blockedinchina.net is only checking the host?
I tried just virtual-host-discourse.global.ssl.fastly.net on dotcom-monitor and there’s no error, but when try an individual css link, it gives the error:
(100) Authenticate failed. Reason: ‘Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.’.

or could it be a ssl issue? but my page shows up correctly in all other countries.

Interesting, let me raise this with fastly and see if they have any ideas, give them a bit of time to reply

OK, we are going to sort this out on our side, but it will probably take a week. Does that work for you?

(we have to reconfigure all our CDN domain names to fix this)

2 Likes

Yes it will work for us. Thanks much!

Hi just want to check if there are any updates to the fix. thanks!

Sorry was a bit delayed but will get it sorted early next week

1 Like

Can you try again, just finished moving to the new provisioned CDN that fastly say is immune to this issue.

2 Likes

China seems to work fine now. Thanks for the help!

1 Like