Ability for admin to completely hide a category and its topics?

Don’t know if there’s a way for the admin’s IP to be logged in on two accounts at once.

For now, if I was in this situation, I would maybe add your ‘civilian’ account to that /about page. If something is wrong, they can PM your civilian account and you can hop onto the admin account.

Or you can have any PMs that are sent to the admin also emailed to you so you know when/if to hop accounts.

I was thinking of having two accounts: one ‘civilian’ and the admin. The civilian is set with the highest trust level. So if I personally see something wrong I can quickly flag it with that high trust level and then I can hop onto the admin account and fix/mitigate/correct it.

This is similar to how it goes on MUSHes, where a game owner has a ‘wizard’ account and then their character. That way things are separate. To me, the admin account is the ‘wizard’ and should only be logged into when needed. I know I’m the admin but I am a user and community member too. I don’t want a big “this is the admin” marker on every post I make.

Think of it like the bat cave, haha. Civilian account is Bruce Wayne. Someone sends the bat signal and you spring into action.

But it would be so much easier to be able to have two sessions going on at once, but probably not technically feasible. Unless you use two separate browsers.

EDIT: For another analogy: think of the admin account as ‘root’ and your civilian account with the top-tier trust level as a user with sudo privs. My personal opinion is that I don’t want to use root for everything I do, so I have a user account with sudo just in case.

1 Like