Ability to connect with OAuth providers when user is registered?

Cool. It’s exactly what I want. But Patreon is kind of subset of my application. Could you elaborate the actual usage behind this?

My intention is to build a somewhat integration with Wechat public platform which is quite popular. This platform is too Chinese now so I’ll describe the scenario briefly.

Wechat user can subscribe a Subscription Account (SA later). Wechat allows SA provides tabs which redirects to a url.

Need: Given a redirection to Discourse with OAuth information, I can determine whether this Wechat user associates with a Discourse account.

Further, it’s the same as Patreon. A wechat user can type commands and receives some notification by a proxy server.

Need: Know whether need to re-authorized based on token expiration; disassociate.

This is still a appealing way to implementation anyway. I could introduce fairly less interface changes in this way. Disassociates comes with a single boolean field which can show some hint for historical connection. Query only requires authenticator name & uid.