Able to use the 'extraNavItem' custom html outlet?

Thanks, the example is helpful (I’m not kidding when I said I was very new!)

I see what you are saying about getting this to look nice – the custom_html is defaulting to inserting a <div> when it needs to be a <li> for that particular location (nav items). For example, when I do:

register_custom_html(extraNavItem: "<a href='/faq'>Faq</a>")

I get:

<ul id="ember950" class="ember-view nav nav-pills">
<li id="ember963" title="topics with recent posts" class="ember-view active"><a href="/latest">Latest</a></li>
<li id="ember965" title="topics created in the last few days" class="ember-view"><a href="/new">New (1)</a></li>
<li id="ember967" title="topics you are currently watching or tracking with unread posts" class="ember-view has-icon"><a href="/unread"><span class="unread"></span>Unread</a></li>
<li id="ember969" title="the most active topics in the last year, month, week or day" class="ember-view"><a href="/top">Top</a></li>
<li id="ember971" title="all topics grouped by category" class="ember-view"><a href="/categories">Categories</a></li>
<div id="ember972" class="ember-view"><a href="/faq">Faq</a></div>
<!----></ul>

where the last item is the one added via custom_html. I’ve tried several variations and the <div> seems to be a given.

However: the navigation-bar.js does contain an actual declared plugin outlet (see the last line):

{{#each navItems as |navItem|}}
  {{navigation-item content=navItem filterMode=filterMode}}
{{/each}}
{{custom-html "extraNavItem"}}
{{plugin-outlet "extra-nav-item" tagName="li"}}

I’ve experimented with creating a connector for the extra-nav-item outlet as in Part 2 of the relevant tutorial, but it doesn’t appear to be getting picked up right now. If anyone has good examples of this outlet in use, I’d appreciate them.

(My fallback is the JS method linked above, but I’d prefer to avoid it.)