"Add User Note" no longer shown in "post admin options" menu

Priority/Severity:

Medium

Platform

Operating System

• Windows 11
  • macOS Sonoma

Browser

• Google Chrome 117.0.5938.150 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Safari 17.0 (19616.1.27.211.1)

Discourse

e3e73a309185552fe70c3dce6def50665c7a94be

Discourse User Notes plugin 0.0.2 (317e97e)

Description:

The Discourse User Notes” plugin provides two interfaces for staff members to add a “user note” to an account:

• The “User Notes” button on the user page.
  • The “Add User Note” item in the “post admin options” menu:

:bug: The “Add User Note” item is no longer shown in the “post admin options” menu.

Reproducible steps:

1. Log in to an account with staff privileges on a Discourse-based forum that has the “Discourse User Notes” plugin enabled.
  2. Click the wrench icon “post admin options” icon at the bottom of any post.

:bug: There is no “Add User Note” item in the “post admin options” menu:

Additional context

I experience the fault on this Discourse-based forum (which uses a Discourse Enterprise hosting plan):

The regression occurred sometime within the past few days at most.

The “Discourse User Notes” plugin is enabled and I can view notes and add notes via the “User Notes” button on the user page without any problems.

Due to the requirement for staff privileges, I am not able to check for the fault on other Discourse forums, so I don’t know whether the fault is specific to the configuration of Arduino Forum or universal to any Discourse instance.

2 Likes

Hi @per1234 :wave: hmmm, I cannot reproduce this on any of my instances.

Have you tried safe mode with official plugins enabled? (disable last checkbox)

edit: have reproduced this

Thanks for your suggestion @Lilly. I can still reproduce the fault even when using the forum with that “safe mode” configuration.

1 Like

Actually I can reproduce this. I mis-read the second part of your post as opposite (not appearing in the user profile admin) I get the user notes option everywhere I expect except for in the post-admin options :thinking:

I too have a hosted instance running the latest beta2-dev.

I suspect it may have to do with recent updates to the admin-post-menu.gjs file, and the plugin still using widgets:

this topic seems related:

3 Likes

We are having a look and will get this sorted in the next 30 days (maximum)

5 Likes

We’ve fixed this for the discourse-user-notes plugin:
FIX: restore button to add user notes to post admin menu by tyb-talks · Pull Request #85 · discourse/discourse-user-notes · GitHub. Thanks for the bug report!

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 43 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.