Add user to group after purchase

Hi!

So I am building an online course and after someone buys the course I would like to either:

1. add them to a private group in Discourse if they have already registered with the same email OR
  2. create an account for them, or send them an email to register and automatically join the group

I haven’t found a good way to do that yet! The best way I can think of is creating an invite link for that group, but that could easily be shared and the users that already registered could not use it

Any ideas? I looked into Zapier and Integromat integrations but did not see anything useful

It depends on what platform you are selling your course and the purchase workflow.

I am planning to use Kajabi. But still open to use another one if it’s needed

Kajabi has new purchase integrations for both Zapier and Integromat if that helps!

Here a guide for Zapier integrated.

And I think there also another solution for Integromat.

2 Likes

I recommend Discourse Subscriptions. Oh, but now that I’m paying attention, you have some other system in place…

A custom api call from the other system or discourse connect are probably what you’re looking for.

3 Likes

Sounds great, but the only integration is create new post :cry:

Yep it seems that a custom api call will be the only way!

Do you know any resource that can help me larn about that?

Especially taking into account that they may already be registered and I would only need to add them to a group

THe best solution would be DiscourseConnect - Official Single-Sign-On for Discourse (sso).

But see How to reverse engineer the Discourse API and maybe Beginner’s Guide to Creating Discourse Plugins Part 1: Creating a basic plugin