Adding special markup or text to user profile page

I have a problem where my forum users get confused between the main site user profile and the forum user profile. Is there a way to add some kind of HTML element to the user profile page?

No matter how much or how short and clear documentation we write, users just don’t read it and when they find the profile page from the forum they start editing and customizing it without realizing that it only affects the forum and has nothing to do with the main site user profile which actually has important data relating to the main site usage. We have single sign-on in place so the authentication and profile creation happens automatically.

I would like to have something in the lines of “This is your forum profile. If you want to change your user profile, go here.” text in VERY visible page for the user profile pages so it would be impossible to edit the wrong profile without seeing that text. Is it possible to edit the theme somehow to do this?

1 Like

Create a theme component and add something like this in your Common > Head tab

<script type="text/x-handlebars" data-template-name="/connectors/above-user-preferences/foobar">
  <div class=mainsite>
    <h3>This is your forum profile. If you want to change your user profile,  <a href="YOUR-SITE-URL">go here</a></h3>
  </div>
</script>

Then you can customize it as you prefer from the Common > CSS tab

.mainsite {
    background: #d1f0ff;
    padding: 4px 10px;
}

change YOUR-SITE-URL with the url you prefer and the result will be something like this when a user enter his preferences page

6 Likes

Thanks a bunch, this is exactly what I was looking for! :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.