Ads between topic lists

hello everyone,

Is there a way to show ads between topic list.

Thank you in advance.

3 Likes

This should help you out.

https://github.com/discourse/discourse-adplugin

3 Likes

Don’t believe that does between topics that are you sure?

2 Likes

this is not possible with adplugin.

2 Likes

Nope, doesn’t look like it! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 Likes

This is a great suggestion, though.

2 Likes

Agree, but the ads frequency (show an ad every N topics) should be different from the posts ads frequency beause topics in topic list are shorter than posts and ads could be too intrusive. There should be a specific field in admin settings for topic list.

3 Likes

Hi,

I think we can create a fund for a plugin author and so we can get a plugin for this.

Who wants to fund this ? @nexo @Cazadividendos @maiki

I am ready to fund this.

And what is the necessary / good fund for a this type plugin ? @angus

Thanks. #marketplace #plugin #advertising

3 Likes

Would agree and also be interested in the funds needed. Also would like to see it as an addition to the ads plugin instead of something extra.

2 Likes

Sure thing, depending on how much it would cost for this.

1 Like

Yes, good point. thanks

Ok, to get this into the ads plugin there would be a few hurdles to jump.

Firstly you’ll need some buy-in from the dev(s) that maintain the ads-plugin (i.e. someone relevant on the Discourse team, maybe @neil). This isn’t going to go anywhere unless you first have buy-in from the team.

Secondly, the development. As there seems to be collective interest, rather than me giving you a quote, maybe you can see how much this is worth to folks.

I suggest you create a PayPal pool, set a deadline, get the people on this topic to chip in, maybe pm a couple of others you might think would be interested in supporting it.

Once you get that lined you, you can then see if there’s a dev keen to do it for the amount of money you’ve raised. (maybe also re-categorise this to #marketplace at that point)

5 Likes