Also update topic timer UI for auto-delete replies, auto-close after last post

This revamp seems to have missed the topic timer I use most on my Discourse for Teams site - the auto-delete replies topic timer. This is amazingly handy for topics devoted to recurring meetings or procedures/documentation where you want to coordinate in the immediate term but don’t want to keep the replies forever.

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 5.47.09 AM

I also noticed the “auto-close topic after last post” also has not been updated. It also has a fairly scary functioning in that it sets the timer immediately and warns the topic will be closed momentarily, even before you choose to set the timer. If you X to leave the popup, the timer is already in place and the post will be closed. To prevent this, I reopened the topic timer, switched to a different timer which causes the timer to be removed, then X to leave the popup.

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 5.56.21 AM

4 Likes

Is this still an issue @tobiaseigen ?

1 Like

Yes, it is still an issue. I didn’t see the “The last post in the topic is already …” red warning, but it is definitely the case that if you go to that pulldown and X to leave, it still sets the auto-close topic after last post setting and closes the topic!

And these timers still use the old method to choose the duration, which is not really a big issue and on reflection may even be better because you can set the duration in hours, days, weeks etc.

2 Likes