Beta testing the Android mobile app

Please send me an invite, Using Xperia Z2 updated.

@sam hey havent gotten an invite so far. id be glad to help out a bit. im hosting my own instance since nov 13. so if possible i would really enjoy testing the app and contribute to this great project.

I’ve gone through the registration and install and login - and everything went fine. But when I launch the app - it just shows me the Hockey App which blank pages and no options (I can toggle between a number of pages like Apps, etc. once there - but there is nothing in each category".

Am I missing something? What should it look like. It definitely doesn’t look like what you posted Sam.

THis is my phone - the Motorola Droid Maxx

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_droid_maxx-5604.php

I like to stay behind the curve a bit on phones because many of my users are on these types of phones.

Need an invite for testing the app

Me too! Please :wink: @sam

I would like to be part of the beta too.

Sorry about the delay, Sony Z3C D5803 running Android 6.0.1

I also love to try out if you still need testers.

I would like an invite as well.

Hi team ! Great work !
I 'd like an invite too. To late ?

Also, this is happening on my tests:

https://github.com/facebook/react-native/issues/8570

I suspect its related to our bad handling of setTimeout (we fire an event after a component has been unmounted), I talked of it with sam yesterday and we will improve it in the next days.

2 Likes

Would love to have a go testing this :slight_smile:

I got an empty notification yesterday when somebody invited a group to a PM.

I don’t have the notification on my phone anymore, but on my pebble it appeared as: @inviting_user:, when I would expect it to appear as something like: @inviting_user invited @group

2 Likes

Can you send me an invite please?

Thanks

I just released very significant build.

As usual a big thank you to @joffrey_jaffeux who got the “notification” feature in.

For Android we now collapse push notifications, this change mean that you must upgrade the app to get push notifications working.

You now have a little :bell: in the top right that allows you to view your notifications.

New tab shows all new notifications across all sites you are tracking (new is defined as new since you opened the app, it is reset if you kick app to background)

Replies: basically strips out likes

All: is everything across all sites

To support this change I needed to amend it so we request a read/write key as opposed to just a *read key. This means that you will need to re-authorize.

I fixed the “auth” sequences in a few ways:

SSO login, google login etc all forward stuff properly to the auth screen, this was a great general fix to auth

The app now clears the “connect” button a bit faster so it is less confusing.

If you wish to use the app with any of your sites you must upgrade to latest, a bunch of internal adjustments were required to support the notification window. For example, I needed to add an API to mark a notification read and clean up some internal bugs in Discourse.

Hope you enjoy the build, keep the feedback coming.

Note: we are pretty much done feature wise with the app till our public release. All that is left is polish.

6 Likes

Odd text - when authorizing application, the following text is seen:

Authorize application access
Would you like to grant "Discourse - Unknown" read/write access to your account?

Screenshot:
(Happened for Meta as well, just forgot to take a screenshot.)

That unknown thing needs to be fixed, just noticed it as well.

The permissions stuff is going to be reworked per:

1 Like

Also, the new notification screen has some graphical alignment glitches. Screenshots:

No grey line under new:

Grey line shifted right for replies:

No grey line for all:

No new notifications too big:

These work :smile:!

Edit: @sam, is the lack of an icon for Stonehearth a configuration issue (on our site) or an app issue?

3 Likes

If I click on a “new” notification, any way to clear it on the spot (not wait for the app to go into the background? It seems odd that opening a notification doesn’t clear in like it does on the web.