Beta testing the iOS mobile app

Swiping from the left screen edge navigates back within Discourse. For some reason (which might be called Tweetbot), I always expect it to immediately go back to the main screen. How do the others see this? Might it make sense to modify this behavior, or to turn it into a setting?

For me itā€™s OK as it is. And Tweetbot also works the same for me. Is there a setting on Tweetbot?

1 Like

True that. Maybe Tweetbot changed its behavior?

After using the iOS mobile app for a while now (about a month), I would like to request a feature.

Given that non-hosted sites only use Background Fetch, would it be possible to have a setting on the app, per site, to allow/disallow background fetching? Iā€™m asking for this because I am receiving late notifications from my site using Background Fetch, often hours after I have received (and acted upon) an email notification. With real PNs, I could have turned off email notifications, and only relied on PNs. But since Background Fetch is unreliable, it would be nice to be able to turn it off, per site.

(Any progress on getting real PNs for self-hosted sites?)

2 Likes

Hello Guys,

Any idea when these apps are going to live for everyone? Thanks

Regards,
Junaid

1 Like

Very soon, going to submit the app to the app store on Monday.

4 Likes

I am open to adding this setting, but going to have to get the app out first. Need to discuss with @codinghorror what we are going to do about push notifications for third parties. Still undecided on pricing there.

1 Like

I just released the last beta.

It is still not available on itunes connect, it is pending a review.

Only a few minor changes but they are quite important.

• App moved from my personal account to the official Discourse account in iTunes. This means that you will have to remove the old app and install the new one, once you are notified.

• Since app moved, push notifications will not function until you install the new beta (which will be out any day)

• upgraded react native which made the app a bit more reliable on screen refreshes (at least for me)

• fixed an issue where accepting an answer was showing ā€œunmapped typeā€

• removed the background fetch debug stats

This upcoming beta (19) is the last beta. I will be submitting this to the app store on Monday!

12 Likes

Iā€™m interested in testing this if you would like.

Sorry, beta is closed for now.

2 Likes
8 Likes