Beta testing the iOS mobile app

Odd, issue half went away when I enabled rotation. Will see if I can do a clean repro.

@sam if youā€™re still looking for beta testers Iā€™d be happy to help :slight_smile:

Will be happy to help you on beta version debugging! Thanks

@sam I am seeing something funky in testing, and am assuming I coudl be the issue hereā€¦

Seeing this when trying to add my site:

But we are current:

Am I missing something?

That is not funky :slight_smile: you are probably on the beta branch, you will need to be on the tests-passed branch or wait for a new beta to be cut (later this week)

5 Likes

Good error message though :+1:

1 Like

First comment:

The app is a great addition, Iā€™m looking forward to bragging about how the forums we use can be accessed on a native app.

The issue about posting pending approval & flags running together (mentioned here and here ) is worse in the iOS app, since I canā€™t tell what to tap to get to the pending approvals.

Yeah, we got to split flags from pending approvals properly, at the moment the numbers are mushed up causing all sorts of edge cases.

We should track one pending approval count and one flag count, then merge then numbers in the UI.

In the meantime, expand hamburger :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ah, I could finally get it open, took 6 tries. Instead of opening the menu, it was taking me directly to the Flags area.

That is actually a bug on mobile, on mobile there should be only one click target for the hamburger, the red number should not be a click target.

9 Likes

Yeah letā€™s fix that for sure

2 Likes

On iOS, tapping the time at the top of a page will usually scroll you to the top of the page. I wonder if itā€™s possible for this app to recognize that action, and move me to the top of the topic/category/search result Iā€™m on?

1 Like

The ā€œDoneā€ button at the top of the page isnā€™t very clear. Maybe it would back more sense to call it ā€œCloseā€, since it closes the current discourse site and takes us back to the list.

hi,

we cant do this, because when you display the site, you are out of the app and you are in safari, and we cant control this event.

As a workaround, if you tap on the post counter indicator (bottom right) you can then move to top.

2 Likes

same answer, this screen is in fact safari and afaik we cant change the text of ā€œDoneā€.

This works fine for me. One tap of the status bar makes the address bar slide in, then the second tap scrolls me to the top. (iPhone 6, iOS 10) This is exactly the same as other apps so I guess itā€™s built in to the safari view controller :slight_smile:

I agree itā€™s not the clearest text, but on the other hand itā€™s consistent across the rest of the operating system (because lots of apps use safari view controller)

indeed it works, I thought it would be working but tried and it didntā€¦ should have given it a second try!

ok when the adress bar is expanded the hit zone might be different and need multiple try.

3 Likes

Whelp. Having this is fantastic. Nice work!

Iā€™m much more likely to catch up on content with this app.

I do miss being able to see the topic title as I read. I donā€™t readily see how to solve that, however.

This ā€¦ will ā€¦ work :slight_smile: coming to a Discourse near you some time this week.

8 Likes