Canned Replies without extra lines

Is it possible to have a Canned Reply inserted at the edit point without inserting a line before and after the canned reply?

Any insights to this request for inserting templates without inserting a line before and after the template?

Hi Ian, just to be 100% sure, are you now using Discourse Templates?

2 Likes

Bonjour Monsieur le Canapin,
I don’t know if French is allowed here and your profile is hidden so I cannot send you PM.

I need to know if the official Discourse Templates plugin allows multiple layers of pre-selected replies.
Here’s a case example:

• A software forum where users have to post Bug reports, and I need them to carefully fill every questions/fields one by one.
  • With custom greyed text (visible but untyped), waiting for the user to type in place.
  • Then a button to click to go to the next question.
  • The whole thing blends seamlessly in a single post.

Is this possible to do this with this plugin? I’m not sure if what I looking for is called a Canned response or something else.

Can you enlighten me, please?

1 Like

The canned replies and now the templates plugin allow you to create templates but those have to be added by the user.

Maybe Form Templates is what you are looking for. This changes the default composer for a category to a template. You can try here by starting a topic in the theme feedback category.

4 Likes

As @Moin said the Form Templates sounds more like what may work best and you can have multiple forms to choose from as well.

The templates plugin which I believe like Chat is installed by default and can be a very powerful tool. See the link moin provided for both

2 Likes

Just an FYI, Templates is not a bundled plugin like Chat, you would need to install it separately. If you’re hosted by us then it’s available on the Business plan or above :discourse: - Plugin directory | Discourse - Civilized Discussion

1 Like

Cool was likely confusion as it installed itself when it replaced Canned Replies.

Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like