Can't add a theme from private repo (because the interface changed but the instructioons didn't)

Continuing the discussion from Installing a theme from a private Git repository:

Has there been a regression? I don’t see “in a private repo” checkbox. I tried several sites and even safe-mode.:

The image shows a computer screen displaying a GitHub repository installation window.  (Captioned by AI)

1 Like

Since you aren’t the first one. I think the guide needs to be improved.

1 Like

Oh.

Well, shouldn’t it be more obvious?

Oh. I guess not.

1 Like

Maybe the problem is that step 6 mentions a checkbox which isn’t shown.

1 Like

I made some edits that I think help.

There need to be new images, but this is better than the old instructions that don’t match the current interface.

Jammy is gone and I’ve forgotten who replaced them.

2 Likes

I am surprised you were able to do that

But what I think we really need is if you click the advanced button, have a thing that says “use a ssh link for private directories, OK?”

showPublicKey gets set if a ssh link is pasted in, so what might be good is if they click “advanced” and haven’t pasted a ssh link, to tell me that I are an idiot. (But in a nice way.)

2 Likes

Yeah. People keep being surprised that I’m TL4. Last week I replied to something that no one is supposed to reply to. I think I managed not to do that this time. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I know you are TL4. But I didn’t know you are part of the Discourse team :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah. I should probably stop editing those things as if I were. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

@hugh has stepped into the role in the meantime.

3 Likes

Thanks Jay. I’ve updated that topic with revised text instructions and new screenshots.

5 Likes