Celebrate Your Community with a Year in Review | Blog

The end of the year is a time full of celebrations. It’s also a great time to celebrate your community’s most impactful members and discussions. While digging up the data to find these users and topics can be time consuming, we’ve made it extremely simple with our Yearly Review plugin.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://blog.discourse.org/2021/11/community-year-in-review
10 Likes

Will this also include Most Solutions?

I know of a help forum where a few users have asked about this. We realize we can obtain a User List from the User Directory and sort it by Solutions, but that’s not quite the same. Including a list of the top 10 users with the most solutions would fit in this review nicely… and make them happy. :smiley:

I don’t believe it does at this time; however what we used to do at Discourse is pull the Tech Support badge we had set up. Having a solutions leaderboard of sorts could lead to people trying to game the system. A badge gets around that some.

1 Like

This looks great! Is there any way to focus on specific forum categories, or does it always generate the full list? We have a lot of different categories, and the Year in Review post could end up looking very long :wink:

If the plugin always produces a list for all categories, I might try publishing it to a Staff-only category, and manually curating a summary for our community-facing wrap-up.

1 Like

The yearly review categories setting will limit the generated posts to just those selected categories. Since you’re a hosted customer, let us know if you need some help testing it out!

4 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Discourse Yearly Review