Change password for an account that was force activated

One of my user’s was unable to confirm their account via email because noreply@discuss.goformative.com is blocked by their school spam filter. So I had to force activate their account. Is there any other way I can reset their password/let them reset their password (ex: send the reset password email to another email address or change the email associated with their account?

Again, they were unable to confirm their account via email so the email on file is not verified. It just shows up because that’s what they originally entered when they signed up.

Sure, you should be able to edit their email before sending a password reset. Is their email not editable for some reason?

I am looking in the user’s profile after going to Admin and Users. While there is an edit button next to Username and Name, there is not one next to Email. Is this because they were unable to confirm their email? Is there somewhere else I should be able to change their email?

To edit their email you’ll need to go to their public profile, and navigate to preferences. There should be an edit pencil next to their email there.

5 Likes