Chat – whatsapp bubbles

I can confirm this happens with numerous links, and to be honest, I believe this theme component is broken.

1 Like

the link bug was not on my radar but otherwise I think it works great. Agree with others that it would be good if there were an option to toggle it on for desktop too.

@chapoi if you ever get any cycles to fix the link issue that would be hugely appreciated. Thanks so much for making this theme. Makes a big difference.

Hey all,

thanks for the patience. Just a quick update that I’m looking into the missing background and link problems now! Hopefully I’ll have a quick fix.

1 Like

Okay, it looks like those fixes were not so bad and mainly due to some core changes as I thought.

Both background and (onebox) links should be working again after an update! Let me know if not the case and apologies for the wait time.

I do really appreciate everyone who likes my little passion project :slight_smile:

As for bringing it to desktop, I would love nothing more but it would require a lot more work. So, not on the immediate planning but definitely something I’d like to do!

4 Likes

Hi, @chapoi

I’ve done an update, but it doesn’t seem to have fixed anything. Thank you for trying so far!

Also, it would be awesome for the desktop view!

2 Likes

Hmmm, I got it working on my personal site. Can you check if Discourse itself is also on the latest version?

Hi @chapoi,

I lied, it is now working. Great job!

2 Likes

I haven’t tried a custom background. But can report works in Tests-Passed

Tiktok that way @chapoi

1 Like