Cloud installation not working

HI all,
I’m trying to get my first installation up and running on Oracle Cloud. I got all the basic configuration done and eventually the app running in docker, but I’m not able to access it via browser.

Been through several forum posts that helped me get to a successful build, now looking at the logs there is a problem related to SSL.

I have the default SSL templates active in the app.yml and in the log I see many of the following errors

nginx: [emerg] cannot load certificate "/shared/ssl/discourse.wrecklab.com.cer": BIO_new_file() failed (SSL: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:fopen('/shared/ssl/discourse.wrecklab.com.cer','r') error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file)

I’m not sure where to start troubleshooting this. Let me know what information I should provide you to help you help me :slight_smile:

Cheers
Stef

Hey @stefanino, I have been having the exact same experience the past few days. It seems the letsencrypt step of the installation is failing somehow. I have ruled out hitting any caps with letsencrypt, as I am getting the same results on a different domain. I have also tested both the github install instructions as well as a digital ocean 1-click, both failing with the same ssl error.

The installation succeeds if I disable ssl, via:

1 Like

Hi @finks , thanks for the feedback.
That gave me the confidence to move on without SSL, for the time being. I’ve commented out the SSL templates and rebuilt the app.
I got another error in the log but not related to SSL anymore:

/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/unicorn-6.0.0/lib/unicorn/configurator.rb:663:in `set_int': too low (< 1): worker_processes=0 (ArgumentError)

In this case I went on simply forcing the value 1 in the app.yml for the nr of worker.
Now Discord is up and running, and accessible over simple http.

Thanks for the pointer

Cheers
Stef

I am hoping to rerun discourse-setup once it’s working properly.

This should work now.