Connect Discourse status to Outlook out of office

Setting status manually can be tough to remember across multiple applications. It would be great if Discourse could connect to Outlook so that status could be set automatically when a user has out of office calendar events.

3 Likes

Would also love this. Because the calendars are linked, I would consider getting the info from MSTeams as well.

@sp-jordan-violet did you have an idea in mind regarding implementation? Personally I would prefer to avoid going through central IT, so was thinking of pulling calendar information from outlook via cli or a powershell script

2 Likes

For us, we’d need an Oauth/enterprise implementation so we can have it connected through IT. Basically the inverse of your request :smiley:

2 Likes

I think realistically we would go a similar way too, I just dread the journey of going through our multiple IT teams to get these kind of things done. For me a hacky, “can I get 90% of the functionality without going through IT” solution would also be good, but I fully support the intention here of a more comprehensive and long term approach.

2 Likes

I need that adoption and buy-in across the business though :sweat:

1 Like