I’d like to put together a little survey for projects that are managing their own Discourse forum. Published results will be 100% anonymous.
I wanna know things like:
- Who’s their hosting provider?
- How beefy is their hosting tier?
- How much are they paying?
- Who’s paying the bills? (company, donations, private person)
- What release channel are they on?
- Are they using any plugins?
- What’s the rest of their web stack like?
There’s no ETA for this yet.
Do you have any other questions in mind for such a survey?
Please note: I don’t want it to take more than roughly 5 minutes to complete.
I run one such community myself, so I am genuinely curious to know how we match up against other communities such as ours. Are we the only ones using the Stable branch? I wanna know!
It’ll also be beneficial for the Discourse team to learn more about how the trends of self-hosted installs match up against their own offering.