CSS no longer applied to embedded topics

I’ve been using the embedded topics as comments on my blog for a while, and the styling has worked fine until now (by adding my own CSS in the Embedded CSS section.

However, now it has suddenly stopped working. I’m not sure when exactly, I only noticed it today. Probably it has happened in the last week. I’m running the very latest beta build of Discourse (v2.1.0.beta1 +149).

There shouldn’t be anything wrong with my CSS, but I’ve included it here for good measure:

footer a.button {
    background-color: #17a817;
    color: white;
}

a, a:visited, a:hover, a:active, a.in-reply-to {
    color: #17a817;
}
.username a.staff {
    background-color: #17a817;
    color: white;
    padding-left: 0.2em;
    padding-right: 0.2em;
}

Has anyone else noticed the same?

2 Likes

@Osama can you test this and fix if something is off ?

2 Likes

I looked into this and it seems to be working fine on your site for me – here is a screenshot from your blog:

That said, I went ahead and added a case to our spec suite to ensure we’re immediately alerted if we ever regress around this area in the future:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/pull/5986

6 Likes

Thanks for looking into it! I got it working yesterday by first disabling all the theme components I had activated in my theme (Linkify, the header menu icons, and a tracking script). But after reactivating each of them (one by one to try to spot the offender), the embedded topics continued to work as expected, so not sure what happened.

Thanks for adding the spec!

2 Likes