Discourse 1.4 Released!

This topic is for comments on the original blog entry at: http://blog.discourse.org/2015/09/discourse-1-4-released/

23 Likes

As I mentioned in the blog post – special thanks to @tgxworld, @simon, @gwwar, and @gerhard who contributed a bunch of stuff to this release.

We will be reaching out to you directly to send you some goodies :wink:

17 Likes

Great news… But we were on the dev channel while finishing our new website and jumped right to 1.5 Beta1… Still no proper way to downgrade I guess? Are we in DANGER? :wink:

Discourse 1.4 represents some Huge Strides to making it the defacto mailing list replacement. I’m excited and encouraged by the development!

3 Likes

There haven’t been any database migrations in the new version yet, so you’re safe to switch to the stable or beta channels right now.

1 Like

ok, thanks a lot for the tips. I guess we can go back to stable to be safe. Any pointer I can give to my admin & my dev ? Last time I asked, my dev had no idea about how to do that. :wink:

Look for the “version” parameter in the app.yml file.

2 Likes

Thanks again. I hope it will not break anything :wink:

Yea great job! The changelog looks mighty impressive, lots of really good feature additions and fixes. I do like that teaser for guests especially, and the various minor tweaks and optimizations, it feels like a very round release all in all. Keep up the great work!

2 Likes

I’m a little behind here, but thank you for the ability to style embedded sections! :heart_eyes:

I’ve made a few tiny tweaks to the embedded styles, and now our blog comments fit in perfectly with the rest of our site: https://ind.ie/blog/oh-wont-someone-think-of-the-children/index.html#discourse-comments :trophy:

4 Likes

Is there a guide somewhere on how to do this? I didn’t even know this was possible! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Would it be possible for you guys to release the “dark theme” color codes like you show on the article?

You can find this here :

4 Likes

Discourse 1.5 Released!