Discourse 1.4 Released!

(Jeff Atwood) #1

This topic is for comments on the original blog entry at: Discourse 1.4 Released!

(Jeff Atwood) #2

As I mentioned in the blog post – special thanks to @tgxworld, @Simon_Cossar, @gwwar, and @gerhard who contributed a bunch of stuff to this release.

We will be reaching out to you directly to send you some goodies :wink:

(Cafeine) #3

Great news… But we were on the dev channel while finishing our new website and jumped right to 1.5 Beta1… Still no proper way to downgrade I guess? Are we in DANGER? :wink:

(Allen - Watchman Monitoring) #4

Discourse 1.4 represents some Huge Strides to making it the defacto mailing list replacement. I’m excited and encouraged by the development!

(Kane York) #5

There haven’t been any database migrations in the new version yet, so you’re safe to switch to the stable or beta channels right now.

(Cafeine) #6

ok, thanks a lot for the tips. I guess we can go back to stable to be safe. Any pointer I can give to my admin & my dev ? Last time I asked, my dev had no idea about how to do that. :wink:

(Kane York) #7

Look for the “version” parameter in the app.yml file.

(Cafeine) #8

Thanks again. I hope it will not break anything :wink:

(Sebastian) #10

Yea great job! The changelog looks mighty impressive, lots of really good feature additions and fixes. I do like that teaser for guests especially, and the various minor tweaks and optimizations, it feels like a very round release all in all. Keep up the great work!

(Laura Kalbag) #11

I’m a little behind here, but thank you for the ability to style embedded sections! :heart_eyes:

I’ve made a few tiny tweaks to the embedded styles, and now our blog comments fit in perfectly with the rest of our site: Ind.ie Blog — Oh, won’t someone think of the children! - Friday Roundup - 4th September 2015 :trophy:

(Justin Pierce) #12

Is there a guide somewhere on how to do this? I didn’t even know this was possible! :slight_smile:

(Régis Hanol) #13

(Badr) #14

Would it be possible for you guys to release the “dark theme” color codes like you show on the article?

You can find this here :

(Jeff Atwood) #16