☁️ Discourse Air Theme

Yup, the light mode does not use the correct image @jordan-vidrine

2 Likes

Hi @jordan-vidrine and contributors of this theme, would like to say thank you so much for such an amazing and modern theme!

I realised that there is a line on the topic summary card (for a particular topic), after clicking the topic and hitting the back button from the browser, is this intentional? it disappears if we refresh the browser.

How do I remove it (is it coming from the styling of one of the CSS pseudo-classes?)

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hey. Hey,
Thank you for the nice theme, too.

But we try to have categories + some html block + listing of latest articles on our main page.
I tried searching here on the forum, but I still don’t know how to achieve it. Can someone please guide me?

Should I create my own Component or how can we achieve this?

Thank you.

3 Likes

I believe this is something worth adding into the theme. I will add some CSS for you to be able to select categories & latest as a category display setting, and the latest topics area will display below, like so:

4 Likes

Thank you @jordan-vidrine that is amazing.

And can you help me with the other problem? We want to add custom HTML block into HP (probably somewhere below the main content - under Latest posts). How can I do that? I know that I must install theme not from repository but from my device to do some custom changes. But than my knowledge ends.

2 Likes

Im not familiar with what you mean by HP, could you explain?

If you want these types of customizations, I would read through this topic, it goes into detail about how to create components & customizations of this nature.

1 Like

This is something Discourse Core added for A11Y, to know what was the latest topic you just visited. Because I re-structure the order of topic-list items here, it doesnt look correct.

I can take a look at this.

2 Likes

I think he is meaning “homepage”.

I read through all posts but couldn’t find the solution for this (look at your post ☁️ Discourse Air Theme - #252 by jordan-vidrine ). Or do you implement it by yourself with a next update? Maybe as a new component?
Can you please direct me to the post where it describes how to set it like this?

1 Like

If you update the modern-category-boxes theme component on your site, this should now be available.

You would set your category layout to categories & latest in order to see the list under the boxes.

1 Like

Thank you very much! I must have been blind. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your time.

1 Like

Do you think there is a easy solution to show categories and latest side by side in columns like on the standard theme? Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @jordan-vidrine

I have installed your theme but I’m missing the Dark Light Theme Toggle (and Auto Detect) in the hamburger menu like it is in your screenshot.

How can I enable it?

EDIT:
Found it!
It was this setting which hides the setting inside the hamburger menu.
Add color scheme toggle button to site header

EDIT2:

With the dark color scheme is something wrong (or maybe it’s something with my pc).

With Firefox all colors are correct, but with Chromium-based browser the colors are somehow different.
It’s a fresh install from Vivaldi, so no cache was active.
Please have a look at the screenshot.

For some reasons I can’t upload any image (png). :upside_down_face: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You may want to go into your specific user preferences page and make sure the dark-theme that is selected is the same across the browswers. Each browser stores its own user-setting so I am imagining this is what the issue is.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but this can’t be the solution because

1. I did a fresh install of the OS and browsers on my Laptop, and
  2. I wasn’t logged in and I saw the color differences.
1 Like

Have you tried logging in to make sure?

1 Like

For which reason?
The colors are different in Chromium based browser.

Have you tried clearing the cache? And can you share a link?

1 Like

I don’t need to clear the cache because I installed the browser 5 seconds before I visited the site.

I could share a link but I don’t use it anymore so the problem for me is solved.

Thx for reply. I ment Homepage.

Thanks for the advice. I’ll keep looking deeper.

1 Like