☁️ Discourse Air Theme

is there any way to make the background an image? i’d rather have an image than colors. using

body {
    background-image: url("image url here");
    background-color: #cccccc;
}

makes the top of the color thing the image, but not the bottom.

3 Likes

What you did is fine to add the image, but you will also want to remove the clipping path that is created to give that overlay affect.

html .background-container {
clip-path: unset;
}
4 Likes

thank you! i knew i was missing something simple.

4 Likes

Great theme! Please, explain how your theme works in terms of speed and weight - does all your theme works by replacing (instead of) default html/style/CSS Discourse theme or when users load Discourse pages at their browsers your them include all default Discourse html/style/CSS and work over it as higher CSS etc?

2 Likes

We try to get our themes working pretty seamlessly with Discourse. I do not believe I override any core components or HTML in this theme and its included components. Most of these visual changes are achieved with SCSS as per usual in our themes.

Feel free to browse through the git repos of the theme and it’s included components to see how they were implemented :+1:

5 Likes

@jordan-vidrine

There is a bug with Air theme and the Chat plugin when enable chat it’s look like this:

Here is how it’s look when i make zoom-out

any suggestion how to fix this ?

5 Likes

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. This theme wasn’t written to support chat, but I can definitely make the necessary adjustments to let it work properly with it.

6 Likes

I’m sure you can, and it will be 100% compatible with your Lovely Theme)

4 Likes

I want also to ask a question regard how could we enable the categories (boxed) down and latest up like this demo.

It would be great idea to change the Meta layout with Air Theme.

4 Likes

another bug founded in the feature tabs; when we using the tables of context layout

Should i note everything here @jordan-vidrine ?

3 Likes

Yep! Any bugs you find in this theme are good to post here.

Thanks!

5 Likes

Thanks, i will… but unfortunately i decide to stop using it until the next update since… could we know when the next update is coming ?

1 Like

Hi Jordan,

I notice that discotoc component wouldn’t work correctly in the sub-font ( bold ) as

It would be good idea to add this code in the CSS;

.d-toc-heading > li > a {
  font-weight: bold;
}

and mention this code to work for sub-sub-sub-context inside the table to be “BOLD”.

Thanks.

2 Likes

I don’t believe that this component normally sets the smaller sub headings as bold. Although I may be misunderstanding you.

Have you seen something that works normally in discotoc, not work properly in this theme?

3 Likes

Well actually it was easy to add a component in the theme for this and it’s works fine after that.

1 Like

Jordan can you find out how we can add Restricted Category to the boxes style ?

2 Likes

I have a suggestion: maybe can add a data display of views to the main interface of the post. This gives users direct access to the most popular posts in the community.

now

like this

@jordan-vidrine

7 Likes

somehow with no reason as i remmber i get this error from the search component, it was working fine with airtheme… but now i get this error

any suggestion ?

1 Like

Is there a way to change the background image of this theme from the gradient 2 tone colors to an image I have?

3 Likes

Is this on the air theme? Or are you using this component separate from the theme?

3 Likes